• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deltapeej

Feb 17, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    Are you sure that scope is FFP? I have a Vortex HS T 6.5-24 and it's definitely second focal.

I thought they only made FFP on their PS T and higher end models.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    Yea I would hope this is FFP. If you click on the reticle, it would be pretty useless on a SFP scope. The lines and substations are way to small to see if it were a SFP scope. Also per the vortex website, this is a ffp scope. I have a couple of the regular Vipers and they are really nice scopes. I don't know that the FFP is worth $400 extra dollars (MSRP) but what ever floats your boat I guess.

MKR03

Apr 1, 2014
    State of Montgomery
    I don't know that the FFP is worth $400 extra dollars (MSRP) but what ever floats your boat I guess.

I don't disagree, which is why I didn't drop $800 on this scope months ago. But $399 I couldn't pass up. I was really looking for a 2.5-10x, and would have been fine with a SFP, but I didn't want the 44mm objective. All the Viper 2.5-10x32 just happen to be FFP.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    For $399 yea you are probably doing the right thing by snatching this thing up. When I first got into the lower end optics I started out with Nikon. They had nice glass for the money but were light on features. Then I found Vortex. I have 3 of their vipers. They are great scopes and you absolutely can't beat their customer service.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Seriously thinking about this scope for a longer range AR but not sure if I should wait and get more magnification. Like that it's a FFP but wish it was the 4x16. Still a great price. Hmmm.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    With only a 32mm objective, you may have trouble bringing in enough light. Especially at higher powers or in twilight.

Ironpony, IMO I think a 1x6 would be a good choice for the 300 blk with subs.

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    I have this scope and it's not great. Even at 10x you can't read the subtensions unless you are pointed at a light colored uniform surface (sky, concrete wall, white fence, et ). Also does horrible in low light conditions. If all you do is target shoot on sunny days its OK, otherwise I would pass on this scope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom