• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ReticulateLemur

Oct 29, 2012
    Has anyone had any experience with Barska gun safes? I'm looking to get a long gun safe for my AR and whatever else I may acquire and was looking at one of the Barska biometric safes. For at least the next year or two I'm going to be in an apartment, so I need something that can me mounted to wall studs instead of the floor and this seems to fit the bill.

If not the barska, what safe would you all recommend?

Edit: I'm thinking a safe like this http://www.amazon.com/Barska-Large-Biometric-Rifle-Safe/dp/B00BCGNRKQ

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    It's Chinese. It's a glorified security cabinet with 2mm steel. Somebody could break into it with nothing more a carpenter's hammer. It might be possible to do worse. It might be better than nothing. It's probably worse than a good hiding spot.

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    I have the smaller version of the Barska you posted and it's by no means a HIGH security, no one is getting in there but me, kind of safe. I got it from Amazon too and only paid $150 shipped (using Prime).

It's main duty is to keep my kid out of it. In the future if I decide to buy more stuff and I outgrow this thing then I'll think about getting something more secure. I'll let the safe guru's chime in on other good brands, but for me the Barska is OK.

Philoctete

Jul 11, 2013
    It is a glorified gun locker with a decent biometric lock for quick access. Works just fine for my purposes. Keeps the kiddies out and makes my wife happy.

As others have said, It wouldn't take a man much time or special tools to break through the side of it.

If you are looking for an actual safe (i.e., something that will keep a determined burglar out) you will need to go way up the price/inconvenience scale.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    http://m.tractorsupply.com/en/store/winchesterreg;-gun-safe-24-gun-capacity

This is a little more expensive than the Barska but it's better. My buddy and I moved it into my basement. He's pretty handy and had a truck. I couldn't have done it without him. I'm sure others here will poo poo this safe but I couldn't justify $2000+ for a safe. It all depends on the value of the guns/valuables you're putting in the safe. I never had a safe when I was in an apartment because we were on the third floor and our front door was steel. Now that I'm in a townhouse the basement door is a sliding glass door under a deck, I felt I needed a safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom