• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    Dont we have the right to be safe and not live in fear?

Yes, why do you fear a firearm in the possession of a good person? Most feel safer in this position.

Banks get robbed, the hire a security guard to protect them.

Planes get hijacked, we hire Air Marshals to protect them.

Police officers have firearms, and if you were surrounded by a gang in Baltimore, would you not be happy to see an officer? Would you feel more safe? Why? Because they can protect you. They have the TOOLS to do so.

NavyATFP

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 3, 2013
    Hyattsville
    Any studies like this, research groups, etc that the state brings together should certainly invite in personnel representing the military community like Disabled American Veterans or another of the large Veterans Service Organizations. There is a huge community of active and veteran military in Maryland these policies can affect so why not make sure their voices get heard in this.

http://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/13622/ptsd-does-not-equate-to-violence/

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    Anyone who SHOULD not own a gun because of Mental Health should NOT be allowed in Public. (PERIOD)
    How many people could you kill with your CAR if you decided to go on a rampage?
    Drive around any crowded street and you could kill hundreds of people if that was your plan.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Anyone who SHOULD not own a gun because of Mental Health should NOT be allowed in Public. (PERIOD)

How many people could you kill with your CAR if you decided to go on a rampage?

Drive around any crowded street and you could kill hundreds of people if that was your plan.

They also typically do not drive. Most of the people who should not own a gun because of mental illness are ill enough that you will notice. For most, institutionalization isn't necessary.

They also are typically not violent. Statistically, no more so than the general population. I have a soft spot in my heart for schizophrenics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom