• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    So I learned some interesting things today.

I read on this forum that the ATF was recommending that we NOT send in the schedule A's with the trust electronic paperwork... that is false.

I got a call from Dana Pickles requesting that I attach my trust's schedules else he couldn't approve the eForm 1.

He said that a few weeks back he would have had to cancel the eForm and have me re-submit, but that "by accident" they recently discovered that one could simply upload new files via the web-form for any errors.

I uploaded my additional trust paperwork and saved it in the eForm, called Dana to let him know, and 30 minutes later the eForm 1 was sitting in my inbox approved.

-Jim

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    That’s yet another case of flexibility being provided. Although slightly different than an attachment, I’ve seen more than one occasion of small errors in the application itself (trust name, applicant name, wrong manufacturer’s name, etc) being modified without resubmission too.

Seems to be more exception than rule so far but you can tell ATF is still feeling its way with this system. Make sense seeing that it’s been running less than 6 months.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    So I learned some interesting things today.

I read on this forum that the ATF was recommending that we NOT send in the schedule A's with the trust electronic paperwork... that is false.

I got a call from Dana Pickles requesting that I attach my trust's schedules else he couldn't approve the eForm 1.

He said that a few weeks back he would have had to cancel the eForm and have me re-submit, but that "by accident" they recently discovered that one could simply upload new files via the web-form for any errors.

I uploaded my additional trust paperwork and saved it in the eForm, called Dana to let him know, and 30 minutes later the eForm 1 was sitting in my inbox approved.

-Jim

That's good news! Wouldve been nice in that one users case that had to re-submit. To me, online should've always allow more flexibility. Like you found out, errors can be corrected almost instantaneously once notified. Hopefully this will be the common practice instead of disprovals and resubmissions.

All that is left to find out is if form 1/4s submitted after Oct 1st are getting approved? I saw one guy said, "yes" but awaiting a more detailed response from him in the other thread.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Good luck and it also seems like approvals are back down to about 92-93 days.

They caught up around mid January once we hit that window in which there were no eForm submissions during the government shutdown.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Just submitted my first NFA item, the suppressor I won at Duffy's raffle. Hopefully I'll have my Osprey .45 can in about 3 months.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Wow. did you get your MSP paperwork back already? I turned mine in the day after the raffle. been just 4 weeks.

Or you have a trust?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Wow. did you get your MSP paperwork back already? I turned mine in the day after the raffle. been just 4 weeks.

Or you have a trust?

Trust. Had one done the week after I won. Finally got everything together and had time to go to Duffy's on Saturday. Now it's almost time to get a few more cans. I'm thinking .22 and a .30

TNW

Jan 27, 2014
    Is the form pretty straightforward? Does the trust have to be in a specific format to upload it?

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    Is the form pretty straightforward? Does the trust have to be in a specific format to upload it?

Form is very straight forward. The formats accepted are listed on the website. I uploaded my trust as a PDF.

TNW

Jan 27, 2014
    Thanks man. I don't have my trust package yet, in the mail as we speak, but can I have my lawyer send me a PDF of it and be good to go? Or do I need to sign a copy and scan it. Thanks so much for the help.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Thanks man. I don't have my trust package yet, in the mail as we speak, but can I have my lawyer send me a PDF of it and be good to go? Or do I need to sign a copy and scan it. Thanks so much for the help.

The Trust papers have to be signed in front of and notarized by a notary public. I suggest starting the online application and fill out as much as you can on their website. Carefully read each requirement. The application is very straightforward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom