• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rex0915

Jul 26, 2012
    Westminster, MD
    Any thought on if this is a good idea or a poor one. I should be getting my stamp back on a Surefire 7.62 SOCOM can any day now and I'd like to run it on my AK. My AK is a Arsenal SAM7. Baffle strikes are my main concern obviously but I would think the Arsenal threads would be a little more true than others. Here is the surefire mount I'd be using.
    http://www.surefire.com/sf3p-762-m14x1-lh.html

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    The typical M14x1mm LH threaded AKM's, from what I've experienced (Arsenals to crappy CAI WASR-10), are pretty good as far as being concentric. Where you run into problems are the shorties, such as the krinks and dracos, as the threads are on the front sight / gas block and not directly onto the barrel. That being said, always check by either looking very closely, or by getting a wooden rod that's close to your bore diameter.

I'm running a Gemtech Quicksand on my AK-47's with the quick detach mounts (awesome!), and while it's much quieter, it's definitely not hearing safe for prolong uses. There's just too many gas ports coming out of the AKM's to get them any quieter.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Have been wondering about this myself. Have a Saiga SLR 101 S and and SDN 6 in the safe.

Rumnhammer

Mar 2, 2013
    quiet AK

I use a YHM 7.62 phantom on my AK, and it quiets it down quite a bit, although subsonic 7.62x39 is hard to find and expensive, firing regular ammo gets rid of most of the blast, it also reduces recoil pretty substanially. Even with subsonic ammo you won't ever make an AK hollywood quiet, since the loose tolerances and heavy recipricating parts allow gas and noise to come out pretty much everywere.

You will also get quite a bit of gas coming back out of the reciever when you run a suppressor on on AK as well. My AK gets really dirty in the action because of all the gas getting past the piston. Almost as much as an AR15!

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    You will also get quite a bit of gas coming back out of the reciever when you run a suppressor on on AK as well. My AK gets really dirty in the action because of all the gas getting past the piston. Almost as much as an AR15!

Yeah but the AK still works when it gets dirty. :innocent0

whitelightning777

May 20, 2013
    The zastava M76 front sight/flash hider assembly is threaded for the suppressor in Serbia. If one of these front sight assemblies and the suppressor were put on a regular AK, I'm sure it would work. The M76 is 8mm mauser.

I have no idea where to get the suppressor itself.

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    The zastava M76 front sight/flash hider assembly is threaded for the suppressor in Serbia. If one of these front sight assemblies and the suppressor were put on a regular AK, I'm sure it would work. The M76 is 8mm mauser.

I have no idea where to get the suppressor itself.

I dont belive anyone makes one. We use Yankee hill suppressors at the shop for AK's But the only people that I know of that were doing 5.45 cans are no longer making the mounts

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom