• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is America Prepare for another Large Scale Attack?

• YES, Homeland Security is doing a great job

Votes: 3 1.4%
    • Right now I'd say 50/50

Votes: 52 23.4%
    • No, we have a long way to go.

Votes: 167 75.2%

• Total voters

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    We are not prepared. The Boston Marathon bombings were a prime example. It could have been much worse. I agree with others that the borders are a very big problem. I enjoy my constitutional rights but the magazine or the website the brothers used to get info on how to build a bomb needs to be blocked if possible.

We aren't prepared at all for another large scale attack. To be truthfull my biggest worry is an EMP attack. I don't think it would take a huge nuclear bomb to really cause problems. As far as I know only military have hardened electronics that could handle an EMP. All airliners both military and commerical should be able to with stand an EMP. How do you land thousands of airliners when everything goes out?

Claybreaker 2

Aug 25, 2013
    Frederick County
    How can the US be prepared for terrorism when the administration refuses to acknowledge when incidents occur. They will keep hiding behind the "workplace violence" lie until something so big happens that even the sheeple will realize how unprepared we are.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    We are not prepared. The Boston Marathon bombings were a prime example. It could have been much worse. I agree with others that the borders are a very big problem. I enjoy my constitutional rights but the large capacity magazine or the guns the brothers used to shoot people needs to be blocked if possible.

See how a couple of word changes turns you into a Moms Demand Action follower? If you don't support all our rights than you have no place in our movement.

And no, we are not prepared for another attack. If we are attacked, our first responders are going to be the idiot police force who have foolishly been giving actual military equipment without military training. Just what we need, a bunch of morons running around with big boy toys thinking they are soldiers just because they put on a costume.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    We should guard against being overly prepared.

To be too prepared may mean losing our freedom.

I'd rather see one of my family members eat a terrorist bullet than see America on a permanent lock-down.

And I told my family members that very thing.

Stuff happens in a free society.

See how a couple of word changes turns you into a Moms Demand Action follower? If you don't support all our rights than you have no place in our movement.

And no, we are not prepared for another attack. If we are attacked, our first responders are going to be the idiot police force who have foolishly been giving actual military equipment without military training. Just what we need, a bunch of morons running around with big boy toys thinking they are soldiers just because they put on a costume.
    These two posts are spot on as to how I feel.

And the bolded above is all that needs be said. I would rather die than live in 'a completely secure' U. S.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    What is large scale? 9/11 was horrific but a death toll of less than 3000 is amazing all things considered. Look at the death tolls and the cost of the military response to 9/11. That's large scale.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    Not with open boarders,. It does not matter how good our first response is going to be because it is after all just a response .... after the fact ....

Nothing will be prevented, nothing has been prevented with all the Billions of Dollars spent and civil liberties destroyed. Any case they trot out as an example has been a dumba$$ egged on and enabled by undercover FBI/ATF/ICE/CIA whatever ... an angry person constantly instigated and enabled by our dear professionals ....

At the end I honestly have to say I don't care either. My family's and loved one's lives are such that they will not be impacted. None of us work inside a large city, I finally made it outside the beltway myself.

Dal1as

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    No. The large scale of illegal immigration and what it's doing to our country and our future is just a slow form of a terrorist attack.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I think this actually is two questions

1.) Are we better prepared to stop an attack?

2.) Are we better prepared to respond to an attack?

The answer to question 1 is an outstanding NO. Our southern border is a joke, our northern border is just as bad, but Canada can do a better job of keeping undesirables out than Mexico can. In the name of political correctness, we search babies, but allow Islamic people to walk past. Now of course, anyone who's good with security knows that while you should profile, you have to be aware that if you only stop 1 group, the group will recruit members who don't fit the profile.

Now to the 2nd, I think we are better prepared. Mutual aid agreements are better, radios are better at interoperability (my Baltimore county radio will work with any surrounding county's system) training is improved, and things like plain english and Incident Command System will go along way.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    We are not prepared, and i believe a large part of that is because of the patriot act, and DHS and the NSA, most American's believe the government is taking care of the security thing so they don't have to worry about it. The government is responsible for the safety of its citizens, and citizens are also responsible for taking care of themselves, and should care about all of their other citizens.

Most citizens of this country do not care about their neighbors, don't care about the collective good of the country. Both liberals and conservatives.

liberals expect hte government to do it, so they want to tax those with money so the government can do it.

Conservatives are worried about keeping their own and believe helping is a charitible thing, however most can't afford to give. and the ones who do give to a large organization that is more concerned with getting more donations than helping people in need. that last sentiment is almost all people who donate to charity.

things can still happen even though we have the government listening to every phone call and reading every text message. they can track EVERY persons movement. your car, your phone, and if you don't think they can read your watch on your wrist at via satalite, you are nieve. The only thing that could be more "secure" is the government being able to read our minds. More security will not prevent another attack. determined people will make it happen. The biggest protection is to not have people determined to do America, and its people harm.

The current federal government (and most lower governments) is not most concerned what is best for America, they are too busy with what is best for their wallets, their party affiliation, their financial backers wallets (unions, lobbiest, large companies), and what will get them re elected. I agree that this is not how America should be. The government will not change this status quo, only citizens can do something about it. most do not care enogh to change it.

Some radical people want to peacefully show this, Snowden is an example of a peaceful demonstration of the complete disregard for the constitution of the US, by the US government, and the complete lack of respect for the citizens.

others are violent, whether its terrorist organizations that will use any angle to motivate people to cary out its bidding (convince USA citizen that the USA is bad and they can "fix america" by attacking this... eventhough they want to destroy America, etc), or homegrown malitias that are trying to overthrough the government.

the citizens of the USA are the only ones who can repair America and have it to continue to be the most powerful and prosperous land in the world. We have been on the decline, and the government isn't doing anything to support that. the US corporations have not been doing anything to make America greater than it is now. The citizens are the only ones who can make a difference. And to make a difference we need to continue to empower the citizens of the USA, we need to empower ourselves, and help others to be empowered. this is knowing about your rights as an American, doing something to help your local community, your state, your country. As a citizen of America we need to do good, so we as a country can do well.

how to build a bomb on the internet is something that should be available. I believe in freedom of knowledge, freedom of speech, freedom of expression. i do not believe that because something that can be destructive should be illegal just because it can cause harm.

drugs are illegal, murder is illegal, making your own liquor is illegal, yet all of them happen with regularity in this country, and accross the world. i think that personal responsibiltiy is almost entirely lacking in this country in particular. this lack of responsibility means most people DO NOT CARE about the greater good of their local community, their county, their state, their country. most people just care about ME. as long as most in america are so selfish and self absorbed, this will allow big attacks to happen.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    No.

Small-cell events can be limited by an armed citizenry. See Israel. But arming citizens is opposed by the same cadre of elected officials who promulgate unquestioned acceptance of those who would destroy our civilisation while simultaneously reviling those who support our culture.

Large-scale events are certainly being planned; memory of missing Malaysian airliners has left the public consciousness, and the powers-that-be are consumed with minimising problems in advance of the election cycle.

Meanwhile, major nodes on the power grid are being targeted, internet control of public utilities and financial infrastructures are being hacked, and we are wide open for an EMP attack which would shut down every technological system devised since 1920 or so. Say goodbye to electricity, telephones both hardwired and cell, most automobiles, gas and oil pipelines and delivery systems, . . . the list goes on and on. We face the possibility of being thrust back into 1850 without the supporting infrastructure that was in use back then. It's hard to imaging how screwed we would be; an easy 90% of the country would be dead in months, of disease, exposure, starvation.

But it's more important that the Community-Organiser-In-Chief plays political power games to promote his vision to remake America.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    What is large scale? 9/11 was horrific but a death toll of less than 3000 is amazing all things considered. Look at the death tolls and the cost of the military response to 9/11. That's large scale.

YUP!

9,000 or so dead.

40,000 or so horribly wounded.

Not smart.

Also, the USA is comprised of approximately 3,794,083 square miles.

It is naïve to think that much territory can be protected at all times.

Terrorism is here to stay and the best we can do is to not live in fear or they win.

JMOOO

new_shooter

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2010
    No, we are not fully prepared, at least not within what most people think "fully prepared" means.

And that's a good thing. A free society can NEVER be able to take a large scale terrorist attack in stride, can never armor itself to deny any opportunity for a large scale terrorist attack, without turning itself into something that is NOT a free society.

Now, if by fully prepared you mean 'determined to seek out and destroy those who act against us' I'd say we are well equipped, physically. We have the arms, the infrastructure, and soldiers with the will and determination to do the job.

But politically? Eh, not so much. The extreme right is determined to never see any act on Obamas part as acceptable, just as they lambasted Clintons attempts to hunt down Bin Laden as 'wagging the dog.' And the extreme left, who did remain largely silent when the Bush admin first attacked Afghanistan, became argumentative and critical again when that same administration shifted its focus to Iraq.

So, I'm concerned that, in the face of some future terrorist attack, our leaders are likely to devolve into finger pointing at each other, rather than seeking out our real foes.

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    No.

We have a very long way to go and revocation/abatement of civil rights to get the job done is the wrong way IMHO...

Opie 1

Oct 9, 2014
    Baltimore
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414086605.548195.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    We are not prepared. The Boston Marathon bombings were a prime example. It could have been much worse. I agree with others that the borders are a very big problem. I enjoy my constitutional rights but the magazine or the website the brothers used to get info on how to build a bomb needs to be blocked if possible.

We aren't prepared at all for another large scale attack. To be truthfull my biggest worry is an EMP attack. I don't think it would take a huge nuclear bomb to really cause problems. As far as I know only military have hardened electronics that could handle an EMP. All airliners both military and commerical should be able to with stand an EMP. How do you land thousands of airliners when everything goes out?

That's what conserns me too. Read Brad Thor's Act of war yet?

I say 50/50. If its airline related I say yes. If its conventional, I say yes. If its NBC? No Fin Way.

I think DHS knows how to handle transportation or ground conventional reasonably well. Boston was a cluster because it was a few people hiding in an anti-gun city. Try that crap in say, Billings Montana and you're likely to wind up dead fast. The man hunt took a while, but triage and dealing with injuries and forensics was relatively good.

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    No, we are not prepared. I don't blame the Executive or Legislative branches of our Government either. The bottom line blame rests with the common citizen. Walk through a mall. Go to a large restaurant. Go to a large sporting event. Go to church. Hell, walk down the street. Most of these robots are lucky they don't get hit by cars. The average person is situationally unaware and wrapped up in their own little cocoon of self-absorbed materialism.

We've been at war for 13 YEARS!!! Less than 1% of the population has served and people are tired of the war? Give me a freaking break. This will not stop until the pain level is cranked up high enough to snap people out of this BS malaise they are in. The sad part is we could have ended it years ago if this Country had the intestinal fortitude to do what is necessary. I don't see it happening anytime soon for the same reason that we have an absolutely unqualified and inexperienced buffoon running the show- it has become all about what America can do for me, not what I can do for America. Boston Strong my azz. I have a different definition of strong.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    No, we are not prepared. I don't blame the Executive or Legislative branches of our Government either. The bottom line blame rests with the common citizen. Walk through a mall. Go to a large restaurant. Go to a large sporting event. Go to church. Hell, walk down the street. Most of these robots are lucky they don't get hit by cars. The average person is situationally unaware and wrapped up in their own little cocoon of self-absorbed materialism.

We've been at war for 13 YEARS!!! Less than 1% of the population has served and people are tired of the war? Give me a freaking break. This will not stop until the pain level is cranked up high enough to snap people out of this BS malaise they are in. The sad part is we could have ended it years ago if this Country had the intestinal fortitude to do what is necessary. I don't see it happening anytime soon for the same reason that we have an absolutely unqualified and inexperienced buffoon running the show- it has become all about what America can do for me, not what I can do for America. Boston Strong my azz. I have a different definition of strong.
    =send an army, kill everyone Roman Empire style

Not going to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom