• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gnhflyer72

Nov 13, 2014
    Calvert County
    Just bought a pistol from out of state and had the transfer done at MSAR last week. Just wanted everyone to know that they no longer offer a military discount on their transfers and the fee is now $100.

yep, that's right, $100. It also took 10 days to pick up after filing out MSP paperwork.

No longer going to have any transfers done at MSAR. Will be looking for somewhere closer to Calvert County anyway, open to suggestions.

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    a few places to choose from that are half the cost or less than MSAR in lower St Mary's Co.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Go to All Pawn in White Plains. $35 handgun/$25 long gun. I had an order shipped to them last month. Great guys, highly recommended and the cheapest you'll find.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    This!

Do multiples, you'll save even more!

Yes, good people. One charge for all transfers done at that sitting, at least that's always been my experience.

BTP Arms is great down that way too. $35 per transfer; that's per item, even if completed all on one 77r but I'm fine with that.

Gnhflyer72

Nov 13, 2014
    Calvert County
    I totally agree with everyone, it is obscene to charge $100 for a transfer.

Thanks for the recommendations, I will gladly check these other places out and give them my business.

I definitely won't be going back to MSAR again.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Man that sucks, I like MSAR as a range but $100 for a Transfer is over the top. Wonder why the price increase. They did an out of state for me less then half that?

dtmeyers

Jun 22, 2013
    All Pawn in White Plains is my go to transfer place. People there are actually *gasp* nice!

Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010
    I think the high rate is used to discourage transfers and encourage buyers to purchase firearms from them instead.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I think the high rate is used to discourage transfers and encourage buyers to purchase firearms from them instead.

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png

Gnhflyer72

Nov 13, 2014
    Calvert County
    Man that sucks, I like MSAR as a range but $100 for a Transfer is over the top. Wonder why the price increase. They did an out of state for me less then half that?

Same here, MSAR did an out of state transfer for me a few months ago for $50, which I thought was steep, this time they pointed to a new sign on the wall indicating the price increase.

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD

Read my response above...there is more truth to my statement than anyone realizes...

Sent from my rewired speak and spell

VG-10

Oct 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I use "Tan's Cycle" in North Beach (410-257-6619)

Or "Free State Militia" in Prince Fredrick (443-968-0447)

Both places are very reasonable and good to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom