• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Hmmm... If you look at the job announcement they are only hiring investigators in markets that have "real" 2A rights such as Texas, Kentucky,Alaska. No openings in our area, Ca. or NY.
    I guess they have "our" FFLs chained down already.

Tyeraxus

Ultimate Member
    May 15, 2012
    East Tennessee
    I didn't see anything in the job requirement stating the applicant must support the constitution of the United States.

I know it's hyperbole to score cheap points, but every federal executive branch civil servant takes an oath to uphold the Constitution as required by Article VI (Article VI also requires an oath for judicial officers as well, and imposes the same requirement on state officers). The current oath is found at 5 USC 3331. If you don't take the oath, you can't serve, simple as that - when I was hired, I took it three times (when I submitted the acceptance letter, at orientation, and when starting at my duty station) because everybody wanted to be sure we were all above board and in compliance with law.

5 USC 3331 said:
    An individual, except the President, elected or appointed to an office of honor or profit in the civil service or uniformed services, shall take the following oath: “I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.” This section does not affect other oaths required by law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom