• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Since I got that Hi-Power a couple weeks ago, I've been on a little bit of a Browning fixation. I didn't have the cash to go all in on a nice C&R GI 1911 so I settled on the next best thing, an Argentine Sistema. I'm not very fond of South American weapons at all, but the Sistemas caught my eye since they are basically a copy of a GI 1911. This one isn't in perfect shape, and I probably spent a little more than I should have, but it looks like it still has its original finish. The condition seems to be excellent besides the finish wear and a small spot of pitting near the muzzle. The bore looks to be in excellent shape as well. Hopefully it will make a good shooter.

Attachments

• IMG_0738.jpg
      IMG_0738.jpg
      114.2 KB · Views: 468
    • IMG_0743.jpg
      IMG_0743.jpg
      103.7 KB · Views: 473

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I love seeing more sistemas! Mine is a find shooter. Depending on how much works yours has served a new sping and link may be good investments.

Cant wait to see range results!

Jul 1, 2012
    Nice, that does look like the original black oxide finish, and still has the correct Argentine black grips (they should be slab-sided on the back and have an "Industria / Argentina" marking). Don't see these grips much anymore.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I love seeing more sistemas! Mine is a find shooter. Depending on how much works yours has served a new sping and link may be good investments.

Cant wait to see range results!

Thanks guys, I ordered a new recoil spring from Wolff which should hopefully arrive soon. I shot 10 rounds through it out back to test function and it worked flawlessly, it was right before dark so I didn't really see how it did accuracy wise. I'll try to give a thorough range report tomorrow.

I forgot to mention that it appears to be devoid of any import markings.

Jul 1, 2012
    For those looking for Sistemas, I've run across a few that had a teeeny import mark on the mag well lip. A "no shame in this" mark if it is there and often not seen/mentioned by seller.

C-L is for Colt, M.S. Little (Little made the parts, Colt assembled them).

P.S. - keep your eyes peeled on GB and eBay, "correct" Argentine numbered mags come up every so often. The spare ones I have are way higher than your S/N though.

Attachments

• 11s.JPG
      11s.JPG
      58.5 KB · Views: 360

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Where's a good place to find these? Gunbroker or somewhere else? I've never come across one in person that I recall.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Where's a good place to find these? Gunbroker or somewhere else? I've never come across one in person that I recall.

Yeah, Gunbroker. You will probably pay top dollar though. Dan got this one at a good price because no one else bid on it. You should also look for mislabeled ones. I got mine real cheap because the seller left some important words out of the title, so I called to haggle.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Great advice when shopping ebay or gunbroker. Always misspell something and search it. Search the model only not including the brand and vice versa. You will stuble upon some deals now and then. And if you find a good deal dont be afraid of some wear they can be a blast to refinish I rust blued one and it was a rewarding learning experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom