What training are YOU planning to take in 2016?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I guess this is the third year I'll be starting a thread like this. By starting these threads in the past, I've learned a lot about training opportunities, near and far, that I never new existed. So I assume others have learned from these threads as well.

So far I've booked three classes in 2016:

Knife Skills for Concealed Carry with Greg Ellifritz of Active Response Training (hosted by FPF Training)

Armed Movement in Structures with Craig Douglas of Shivworks

Two-Day Pistol with Kyle Defoor of Defoor Proformance.

I will be adding a Concealed Carry: Street Encounter Skills with John Murphy of FPF Training, just haven't booked it yet. And I will probably add the Extreme Close Quarters Gunfighting course with Greg Ellifritz. I also plan to do that intro to IDPA course with Chasbo00.

After Action Reviews will be posted on my blog and possibly cross-posted here as well to include any MD specific tidbits that might benefit the membership here.

So, what will you be training in? Med stuff, Appleseed, HQL, NRA courses, Clandestine's classes, etc? Share the knowledge.

Last edited:

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    In addition to the usual classes at CMCT I'm signed up for Tac Pistol/Rifle Operator at CSAT in March.

Going to try and take the TAPS carbine course from Pat McNamara in PA in July. Also, would love to take a med class of some sort. I signed up for one earlier in the year but it was cancelled.

Looking forward to reading your AAR's.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I'd love to do that same PMAC class. Torn though. Do I really need another carbine class?

I'm glad you are getting down to CSAT. I'm gonna wait to see if Paul adds another Urban Defense Course 2 to the schedule and go for that, or maybe do his instructor course (which would mean that I'd be one of the instructors for the course you'll be taking......though I won't be doing it in March). In corresponding with Paul, he said that I should do an instructor course since, as a teacher, I can then see how he builds the lesson blocks and such. Tempting.

All the courses I listed in the OP above are in the first 6 months of this year, so we'll see how late summer and fall shake out.

ultraplanet

Shooter
    Jan 10, 2013
    Swanton
    I'm planning to take the Tactical 2 Gun course from Paramount Tactical and hope to also take the Carbine II CQB Prep class at Storm Mountain in Elk Garden.

I too look forward to your AAR's.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I'd love to do that same PMAC class. Torn though. Do I really need another carbine class?

I'm glad you are getting down to CSAT. I'm gonna wait to see if Paul adds another Urban Defense Course 2 to the schedule and go for that, or maybe do his instructor course (which would mean that I'd be one of the instructors for the course you'll be taking......though I won't be doing it in March). In corresponding with Paul, he said that I should do an instructor course since, as a teacher, I can then see how he builds the lesson blocks and such. Tempting.

All the courses I listed in the OP above are in the first 6 months of this year, so we'll see how late summer and fall shake out.

I sort of feel the same way with another carbine/pistol class but I learn something from them all. I was torn between Urban Defense, AIT and carbine/pistol. AIT is offered again in the fall so I'm hoping I can head back down in November. Street/Vehicle and Covert Carry from Pannone look awesome just don't see if offered near MD anytime soon.

systemmaster

MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2009
    Lost
    Interested in Shivworks: Edged Weapons Overview in April down in VA.

Anyone taken a Shivworks course?

The Fight with Tactical Response in April in PA is on the list too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Interested in Shivworks: Edged Weapons Overview in April down in VA.

Anyone taken a Shivworks course?

The Fight with Tactical Response in April in PA is on the list too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be taking AMIS (as noted in my first post) with Craig Douglas (Shivworks) in April. Both EWO and ECQC get rave reviews. I've hesitated to this point to take ECQC primarily because I'm worried about popping a shoulder (mine pop easily due to prior athletic injuries). I plan to talk to Craig about this concern in April.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    @hogarth - looking forward to your AAR of that Defoor class!

Thanks. Class isn't until late June. But before that I'll have at least one knife class and the AMIS class with Craig Douglas and one other handgun class. Plenty to write about this year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom