• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    I got to thinking last night (and we know how dangerous THAT can be!!):D

In an effort to help fund the HQL lawsuit, I propose the following...

We all get free money. Gift cards/checks, "cash back", rebates... you name it. Shopping, loyalty rewards, credit card points, referrals... all kinds of it.

For example, I recently received a chunk for being a repeat customer at Enterprise Car Sales. I'll even be happy to do a referral, if anyone is shopping (where I'd get another chunk). PM me for details, if interested. In any case, I gladly handed that over to MSI today, for the suit.

What I would like everyone to do, it to take at least half the value of your "free money", and pass it along to MSI for purposes of assisting to fund the potential HQL lawsuit.

If you're not truly counting on that money for subsistence, this will cost you nothing, and might just show the commitment that other organizations can look at, and decide to jump in.

http://marylandshallissue.org/jmain/forum/public-forum/415-free-money-hql-lawsuit-funding-challenge

Last edited:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Good idea.

Has anyone checked whether ranges would be willing to ask customers to contribute a dollar or five when they rent? I cannot count the times ive seen someone walk away frustrated at certain centrally located establishments.

I should add, places seem a lot busier than 2013.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Good idea.

Has anyone checked whether ranges would be willing to ask customers to contribute a dollar or five when they rent? I cannot count the times ive seen someone walk away frustrated at certain centrally located establishments.

I should add, places seem a lot busier than 2013.

Would be interesting to see how many ranges would agree... especially when some of them are making a mint off the HQL process...

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I like the idea, but I like the idea about a gofundme page. It certainly can't hurt and the word can be spread much further. I have never set one up, but I doubt it is too hard.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    They lose more in pistol sales.

I think this. I have seen quite a few people walk out of stores in frustration (maybe thinking this was a store policy not the law). Last night I described to someone what one needs to do to buy a handgun since 2013, and his response was "wut??" This is a person with an NRA sticker on their car.

Even people who should be aware, remain blissfully unaware until they are in need.

Of course, maybe those people come back and buy a sub 2k or something.

A lot of stores run campaigns like this (food for hungry at the grocery store, pet adoption fund at Petsmart), because they work.

I guess I should add as well, when you do get a pistol, the paperwork is atrocious. would you like to donate $5 to a fund to help fight the paperwork and make govt more efficient?

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    There was a lot of discussion of this at the last MSI meeting. There was no mention of a massive influx of additional $$ from the NRA, but MSI has been working VERY hard on this and we are now a lot closer to the goal line.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    For the record...

This suit is being jointly funded among the various statewide .orgs and NRA.

But wouldn't it be something if MSI ruled the roost on the money raised???
    Clarification: As of today, MSI is alone in this venture. There has been no commitments by the NRA or other state .org's.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Where are the dealers $$? They made a windfall in 2013 on handgun sales before the 10/13 deadline, and stand to gain further from striking down the HQL.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    There was a lot of discussion of this at the last MSI meeting. There was no mention of a massive influx of additional $$ from the NRA, but MSI has been working VERY hard on this and we are now a lot closer to the goal line.

The number is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom