• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    I like slsc98's explanation better; it aligns much better with my own experience with the budget process and the new "Hogan Effect" (i.e., no mo fo you!). Case in point - Hogan cut funds for (mostly pork) school funding; the PG County Executive <spit> raised county taxes accordingly. It's really like a balloon - you squeeze one end and the other expands to fill the void.

And just BTW... Hogan can do very little with Mike+Mike and the committee heads taking orders from those running the state. :mad54:

Who is the person pulling the strings in the background that these libs are beholden to? I've always heard the reference of the leadership but have no idea who is the top lib dog in the state actually is.

iCoder80

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 31, 2015
    Who is the person pulling the strings in the background that these libs are beholden to? I've always heard the reference of the leadership but have no idea who is the top lib dog in the state actually is.

The voters that keep pulling the same levers over and over and over.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    It wouldn't surprise me much to find that O'Mao's arms aren't still shoved up M & M's a$$ controllin' the two sock puppets.:rolleyes: Just sayin'...

Mr H

Banana'd

The voters that keep pulling the same levers over and over and over.

The voters are kept in the dark about the realities of the sausage-making.

There are puppeteers. We know this because of the reluctance of some legislators to break ranks, and the shenanigans where others play along until the end, then are allowed to APPEAR to break ranks in order to secure their seats.

When voters have exposed these tactics, changes have been possible. Not enough, but it's a start. There have been/will be some retirements as a result, but there will always be a need to shine even more light on this.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    O'Mao, IMO, never had any real power of his own. He was (and is) a pawn of Curran & Co.
    I look for him to run for Cardin's seat.

I agree... but I didn't take that extra step...:thumbsup:

Mr H

Banana'd
    By their own choice.

I'd say it differently, and go with, 'They don't know they can do differently.'

And the reasons for that are threefold, IMO...

1 - The legis-critters flat-out lie to them
    2 - The reporting is stilted, to limit the facts
    3 - Fat-and-happy apathy rules the day

I feel our role needs to be informational, and two-sided. One, to keep our fingers on the pulse (and boot on the neck, as needed) of the critters. Two, to show the sheeple where the problems really lay, and activate any who will listed.

This is how we got Analpolis' attention, and it needs to be kept up.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    or it could be the majority of Marylanders like, and vote for the status quo.. :indiffere

iCoder80

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 31, 2015
    or it could be the majority of Marylanders like, and vote for the status quo.. :indiffere

Not surprising at all. In a Gallup poll from last year Maryland was ranked pretty much tied with Massachusetts as the bluest state in the union.

I do not see that changing anytime soon.

Rach123

Jan 6, 2016
    During the course of the last year, I have emailed Governor Hogan's office on several issues of importance to me. I have not received responses to any of my emails.

Would be curious to hear if you receive a reply.

I received a general letter back. Basically stating thanks for reaching out you will be getting another letter with a response to your inquiry. so we shall see

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom