• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    As soon as I am able to take a renewal class, Im submitting a renewal with Self Defense as the reason (along w/ all the business stuff)

I am also going to submit my application with Self Defense as my only reason. I am going to make them tell me no.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    This sounds like something a noob would ask, but since I never thought I would have a chance of getting a CCW, I just glossed over those threads. If I am willing to possibly waste the money on applying, where do I find those hundred threads that tell me what to do?I have the handguns, so I don't think I need an HQL. Is there one post that lays it all out, or do I just go to the MSP website to find the steps? Finally, if you get turned down, does it put a damper on any attempt to reapply or have any other negative side affects?

magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    This sounds like something a noob would ask, but since I never thought I would have a chance of getting a CCW, I just glossed over those threads. If I am willing to possibly waste the money on applying, where do I find those hundred threads that tell me what to do?I have the handguns, so I don't think I need an HQL. Is there one post that lays it all out, or do I just go to the MSP website to find the steps? Finally, if you get turned down, does it put a damper on any attempt to reapply or have any other negative side affects?

Dont forget the 16 hours of training required...

Medshot

Jul 24, 2013

The MSP website, as well as the thread "How to submit a CCW permit" that is within this section are where to look for all information. As for denial results, that was also one of my concerns, but I've been told my many people that other than flushing money down the toilet, there are no repercussions at all.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Dont forget the 16 hours of training required...

Yes, because I don't get enough at the range :rolleyes:

The MSP website, as well as the thread "How to submit a CCW permit" that is within this section are where to look for all information. As for denial results, that was also one of my concerns, but I've been told my many people that other than flushing money down the toilet, there are no repercussions at all.

Thanks Medshot. I did somehow make a quick find of that. Good to hear about a lack of repercussions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom