• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Yes, the CLEO of the county you live in can do the sign off, no MSP needed. My friends in Carrol County walk in and walk out with a signature. Now if the Baltimore County Chief of police wasn't such an ashole I wouldn't have to wait on MSP or pay for a trust.

rchapman27

Feb 28, 2013
    Hazzard County
    UPDATE!! Harford County CLEO Signature Completed.

Just wanted to update that I just got my signed ATF Form 4 back, signed, by Sheriff Bane of the HCSO. Took just shy of 2 weeks, and his staff was great. Linda Thompson is the admin/secretary for the Sheriff. She is great and got my paperwork in the stack to be looked at, and ultimately signed by the Sheriff.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    Just wanted to update that I just got my signed ATF Form 4 back, signed, by Sheriff Bane of the HCSO. Took just shy of 2 weeks, and his staff was great. Linda Thompson is the admin/secretary for the Sheriff. She is great and got my paperwork in the stack to be looked at, and ultimately signed by the Sheriff.

Was it in a yellow folder?

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    just an FYI. Sheriff Jesse Bane is a nice enough guy, but he has been opposed to private ownership of firearms since he was a Corporal running neighborhood watch in the early '80s.
    Bane has signed 4+ forms for me with just a polite letter from me asking him to do so, after his administrative deputy (or something like that) called and asked for enough information to run an NCIC on me. ATF approved them without any drama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom