• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    I am in the process of renewing my C&R license and there is a question on the application that reads "Has a completed copy of this renewal application been sent to the Chief Law Enforcement officer of the locality in which the premises are located?".

I don't recall having to send a copy of my C&R application to the CLEO when I initially applied, so I'm confused. I did have to send a copy of my CCW application, but not my C&R.

So, am I required to send a copy of this C&R application to the CLEO?

Thanks in advance!

Devonian

Ultimate Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    I'm in the process of renewing as well. From what I have read you do have to include a copy of your application and you should also include a short letter stating that you are sending it as required by law and no action is required on his part.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I am in the process of renewing my C&R license and there is a question on the application that reads "Has a completed copy of this renewal application been sent to the Chief Law Enforcement officer of the locality in which the premises are located?".

I don't recall having to send a copy of my C&R application to the CLEO when I initially applied, so I'm confused. I did have to send a copy of my CCW application, but not my C&R.

So, am I required to send a copy of this C&R application to the CLEO?

Thanks in advance!

Definitely need to provide a copy of the application to your local CLO. The app package has two app forms - one is the full app and the other is the full app less the payment section.

Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    Thanks guys.
    I guess it was so long ago, I forgot I had done it.

I'm guessing the "CLEO of the locality" would be the Maryland State Police, correct?

Thanks again.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Thanks guys.

I'm guessing the "CLEO of the locality" would be the Maryland State Police, correct?

Thanks again.

The most local department with authority where you live. If you have no city PD with jurisdiction where you live, county sheriff.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Thanks guys.

Thanks again.

It gets mailed to the person that definitely received it the first time.

Because you definitely sent one in the first time.

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    Thanks guys.

Thanks again.

You live in PG County (Beltsville?) so send it to the Chief of Police at the county. They basically want it sent to who provides main law enforcement service to your house. This gives them the opp to tell the ATF they have been to your house 6X when you were drunk firing your handgun in the backyard...just an example. The county sheriff would have no idea what has gone on with you or your home address' (unless access to CAD).

Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    You live in PG County (Beltsville?) so send it to the Chief of Police at the county. They basically want it sent to who provides main law enforcement service to your house. This gives them the opp to tell the ATF they have been to your house 6X when you were drunk firing your handgun in the backyard...just an example. The county sheriff would have no idea what has gone on with you or your home address' (unless access to CAD).

Makes sense.
    Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom