• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D.Dasher

Mar 14, 2012
    Hello all,I was at the Timinoun gun show last weekend and one of the vendors was offering new AK 47 type pistols for sale ,7 3/4 bbl.Atlantic Firearms has a sillimar AK pistol known as a " Mini Draco" The vendor told me this configaration was Md. legal,due to being classifed as a Handgun,it slipped between the cracks of the new ban,and was not affected( less the 30 rnd mag.) Being at the Gun show,he did not have time to go into a lot of detail,and me being a bit hard of hearing the exchange of infromation was not the best.
    I am sorry if this has been posted to death,but the new laws make very little sense to me as to what is legal and what is not,due to cosmetic differences,not mechanical differences,if any one can offer some advice if this type of AK is MD leagal,before I get my hopes up on buying one,I would appericate the time. Thank you for your time and help.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Hello all,I was at the Timinoun gun show last weekend and one of the vendors was offering new AK 47 type pistols for sale ,7 3/4 bbl.Atlantic Firearms has a sillimar AK pistol known as a " Mini Draco" The vendor told me this configaration was Md. legal,due to being classifed as a Handgun,it slipped between the cracks of the new ban,and was not affected( less the 30 rnd mag.) Being at the Gun show,he did not have time to go into a lot of detail,and me being a bit hard of hearing the exchange of infromation was not the best.
    I am sorry if this has been posted to death,but the new laws make very little sense to me as to what is legal and what is not,due to cosmetic differences,not mechanical differences,if any one can offer some advice if this type of AK is MD leagal,before I get my hopes up on buying one,I would appericate the time. Thank you for your time and help.

Well a FFL (Federally Licensed Firearm Dealer) was selling it at a gun show to MD residents. That means it is a legal firearm to purchase by MD residents. Kind of answering your own question no?

:shrug:

BradyWarrior

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2014
    Maryland
    I love terms like "slipped between the cracks of the new ban"

Yeah, no kidding. It was added to the roster post 10/1/2013.

I don't know what "slipped between the cracks" means, but the Mini Draco is a legal handgun to own in MD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It means it was approved by the handgun roster committee. :)

On the roster. It's a handgun. Barrel lock and HQL required.

Yup.

MD gun laws aren't intended to "make sense".

None at all. :puke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom