• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I know the long term history of Maryland would make one believe that our state will be the last stanchion of liberal gun control in the world, and that citizens here will never catch a break or a fair shake.

I am here to tell you to find another hobby if you cannot be supportive.

There are many, many people on and off this forum and in this state and out of this state that are busting their humps to break the stranglehold the uneducated, liberal nanny-state has on us. Prime example is the election of Governor Hogan.

I understand we all have less than optimistic day and I understand "our" cause will see setback and bumps in the road, but we cannot continue to suppress the enthusiasm and energy of those of us who are pushing against the mountain of a barrier we have in front of us blocking our 2A and civil rights. In my particular case, I got fed up and thought the time was right to take up my shield and sword to fight the fight for those who won't or who can't.

My ultimate reward will be the path others can follow to realize the freedoms afforded to us by our Founding Father and the brave Patriots who blazed the trails and set forth the precedent for our nation to be great.

Yes I want my credentials to be able to exercise my God given rights, but this cause is bigger than myself, bigger than this forum and bigger than this state. Until all suppression of rights is obliterated, any foothold can sprout new roots and spread to other areas.

The first step to defeating something is to attack what is seen. The next step is to eradicate and remove the foundation and roots so it cannot spring up again.

Right now the pruning shears are out and many are removing the small leaves and branches we can. Later will come the chainsaws and then the heavy equipment to remove what remains and to toss it into the abyss.

Please, if you have something more than pessimism and contrarian drivel, then contribute. Even negative feedback is feedback and can be useful, but if you just want to be a nay sayer and just contradict those who are in the trenches or who are supporting those in the trenches, then out of respect for those sweating and "bleeding" on your behalf, keep it to yourself.

I am not saying everything has to be presented in a rosy manner or that speaking the truth about the negativities encountered is improper, but treat this as if you were watching a child walk. Don't point, joke, heckle or generally put down those trying to "walk", because if you do, you will lose out on the fun and exhilaration of watching us run and will look like a fool.

End of rant.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Can't thank you enough Tim. You've contributed a great deal of your time, money and energy and we've all benefited from the info you've gained and provided.

Laddertowr

trigger puller
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 3, 2013
    IM new to the MSI world... thanks to Jac-e I've been able to get the word out on MSI and what it's doing....Today alone I was able to sign up 3 new members and hand out application forms to some 10 other people I met today.. This fight isn't just about us but our kids and grand kids... Having worked for the goverment I know things don't happen over night, It's always been a hurry up and wait process...I don't expect to see any difference with local goverment... Im in this for the long haul

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Did I miss where someone elected montoya32 to be forum mod?

Go find another forum if you can't handle people expressing their opinions. I'm going to keep saying what I think, and I don't care a whit whether you like it or not. Liberal-style groupthink isn't what we need here. I'll fight for our rights like everyone else, but I'm never going to give up my right to tell people they're full of it.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    The general pessimism in general is somewhat concerning. I mean, is life that bad? I'm all for my 2A rights but they are pretty low on my list of priorities. There are a lot of people here who act like the world (country, state, city, county, neighborhood) is coming to an end.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The general pessimism in general is somewhat concerning. I mean, is life that bad? I'm all for my 2A rights but they are pretty low on my list of priorities. There are a lot of people here who act like the world (country, state, city, county, neighborhood) is coming to an end.

That is so 12/21/2012!

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Did I miss where someone elected montoya32 to be forum mod?

Go find another forum if you can't handle people expressing their opinions. I'm going to keep saying what I think, and I don't care a whit whether you like it or not. Liberal-style groupthink isn't what we need here. I'll fight for our rights like everyone else, but I'm never going to give up my right to tell people they're full of it.

Shade of multi level marketing training ain't it...

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Wow, never knew that was an Agnew line, I use to hear Kinsolving use it frequently, uncredited it appears

FlatsFlite

Aug 6, 2012
    King George, VA
    What really gets me is the people who move out of state and find any possible excuse to say something like "So glad I got out of Maryland!"

I'm sorry I lived there for what little time I did and let the P.O.S. state government squander my $30K-plus in tax dollars.

But hey, I'm not a native Marylander, but I still care and I'm willing to help when and however I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom