• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    So far lots of powders thrown out but no one is saying they've used them with this weight bullet with good results. One more criteria, if I may. I need this to work well at all temps. Thanks.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    So far lots of powders thrown out but no one is saying they've used them with this weight bullet with good results. One more criteria, if I may. I need this to work well at all temps. Thanks.

You just worked that list down to Varget. That said, you won't see a HUGE variance with many powders based on temps. If you are a match shooter, that could come in to play, but it that does not seem to be the purpose here.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    You just worked that list down to Varget. That said, you won't see a HUGE variance with many powders based on temps. If you are a match shooter, that could come in to play, but it that does not seem to be the purpose here.

When you're getting close to the edge, finding powders that work great in the spring/fall/winter go over the edge during the summer. I use a load of RL10x in my 6.8 SPC rifle that's great when temps are 75 and below but start flattening primers and showing ejector marks when it gets hotter. Most of these rounds will be shot during 3-gun or 2-gun matches, hence the 600 yard requirement. It gets hot enough late spring through early fall that I'm concerned about temperature sensitivity.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    This is where I got my TAC and H335.

T&R Firearms & Shooting Supplies
    2908 St. David's Church Rd
    Fort Valley, Virginia 22652
    United States
    540-933-6856

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts