• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Hey buddy, did you read the article? I'm saying don't believe everything you read on the internet. Like SpookyDan said, that is an old article that has been proven wrong. The G36 is an awesome platform. Of course that is my opinion and all of the AR nerds on here can disagree with me all they want.

For what it's worth, i have an AR and love it, but the G36 is awesome too.

Its not an old article, this was a new test commissioned by the German govt. Look at the date.

SpookyDan

HK Freak
    Mar 10, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Every gun has its stereotypes and every gun will start to fail when pushed past what it was designed to do. This is nothing more than politics and internet vomit via ill informed HK haters/AR fanboys.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Every gun has its stereotypes and every gun will start to fail when pushed past what it was designed to do. This is nothing more than politics and internet vomit via ill informed HK haters/AR fanboys.

LMFAO

So the German gov't is full of AR fanboi's ?

The trunnion is plastic and gets hot, accuracy suffers. HK said that can't happen but the independent testing just completed says it can and does.

What the article doesn't mention is the amount of rounds fired in X amount of minutes

Either way its a moot point, its not like the German Army will actually have to use their rifles anyway.

gwoodburn

Feb 9, 2012
    Owings Mills, MD
    Its not an old article, this was a new test commissioned by the German govt. Look at the date.

Yes, these articles may be new, but that doesn't mean are tests that were done yesterday. The link that I posted was published on June 30, 2014 and specifically references the Bundeswehr test. My point is that this question about the G36 platform is nothing new.

gwoodburn

Feb 9, 2012
    Owings Mills, MD
    LMFAO

What the article doesn't mention is the amount of rounds fired in X amount of minutes

Either way its a moot point, its not like the German Army will actually have to use their rifles anyway.

Exactly, the article doesn't give any indication of when it supposedly looses accuracy and apparently by what Pretoria78 posted, they aren't going to use them to that point of failure anyway, lol.

At any rate, the G36 is an awesome gun. It's lightweight, comfortable, and really fun to shoot. And on top of that I think it looks badass. To each their own.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Yes, these articles may be new, but that doesn't mean are tests that were done yesterday. The link that I posted was published on June 30, 2014 and specifically references the Bundeswehr test. My point is that this question about the G36 platform is nothing new.

This is new. They stopped acquisition last june and had a study conducted. This weeks news is about the result of that study. They issued a directive to equip troops in hot locations with G3s.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    weird, since it was to replace the G3 I would have thought it was better in every way, and my old G3, which is still in the family but does not belong to me personally any more was an INCREDIBLY accurate rifle, nearly as accurate as an AR-10

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom