• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fireman5980

Nov 14, 2013
    I know its been talked about, but just clarifying.
    If I bought a new Sig P226 off gunbroker form a out of state dealer,
    does it need a spent casing? The law reads that its only needed if coming from
    the manufacturer, or being bought in MD. But it looks like from reading that most if not all FFL's will not transfer it. Did I read this correctly?
    If so what is the closest FFL that can provide the spent casing service?
    I'm in Annapolis.

Thanks

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    The Gun Shop in Essex/Middle River does spent casings onsite for $25. Their transfer fee is another $60, which might include the $10 MSP fee? But talk to them in advance about magazines to confirm their 10+ policy.

JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    The Armory on West Street will do the transfer and casing for you, but their transfer fee is a little pricey. Might be worth it for the convenience of being in Annapolis.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    My thinking is if its from a dealer regardless of the state it would need it. Just like if you go into LGS and bought the exact same gun new. There is an extra set of hands touching it but I would say you would need a dealer that can do the casing. IANAL

glk21c

Mar 22, 2009
    The Armory on West Street will do the transfer and casing for you, but their transfer fee is a little pricey. Might be worth it for the convenience of being in Annapolis.
    I just used the Armory for an FFL transfer. I agree price is high ($75 + $10) but for convenience it is what it is. Otherwise they were very pleasant and easy to deal with, will use them again.
    Mine was a used pistol FFL transfer so the spent casing was not an issue.
    Good luck

Cronus

Aug 8, 2013
    Pasadena
    I just bought a P226 (MK25) online recently and picked it up Tuesday. Didn't come with the spent shell casing. My FFL had to go to a manufacturer FFL to have him shoot it. An extra $50 on top of the transfer fee, so MSP can throw the casing in a barrel and cash them in for the recycling money later. Kind of ridiculous that a regular FFL can't do it themselves. More bs with this state I will never understand.

fireman5980

Nov 14, 2013
    I just used the Armory for an FFL transfer. I agree price is high ($75 + $10) but for convenience it is what it is. Otherwise they were very pleasant and easy to deal with, will use them again.
    Mine was a used pistol FFL transfer so the spent casing was not an issue.
    Good luck
    Ok cool, The Armory is two minutes from me. I was going to call them and ask but you guys answered for me. I don't mind paying a little extra for the convenience.
    Thanks for the help

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    You need the casing.

$60 for a transfer, no charge to fire the casing if needed, unless it is some crazy caliber for which we have to buy special ammo, 50AE, 500S&W, rounds like that.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    I know several dealers that deal in used LE trade ins and they have to get the spent casing. So it stands to reason a private citizen would have to also. At least until we can get this POS law repealed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom