• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Found an interesting catch in the new law which sounded like a gun law in disguise.

"Sen. Bobby Zirkin, D-Baltimore County, the bill's chief sponsor, said he intentionally left intact the criminal penalties for having marijuana accessories. He said it could help ensure that if police see marijuana accessories in someone's car, they still have legal grounds to search the car for items like guns and heroin. "

The article went on to mention various paraphernalia like even a plastic bag.
    Just FYI. Not sure if this has been mentioned, I did search, I just thought it might be worth posting.

I meant Decriminalized.

Last edited:

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Decriminalization is definitely not legalization and does nothing to stop the black market and the drug gangs and dealers that control it. Real legalization would include regulating the sale of marijuana similar to alcohol.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Above sums it up. Legalization is what I hope they are moving towards, not sure why they haven't already.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Baby steps. You should know this. Just like the baby steps they are taking to ban guns ;)

All in due time. :o

Weed has been "banned" for a hundred years, much easier to get than a gun, both legally and illegally.

Guns are much the same I'd imagine, it's hard to say who has them, how many, how many were lost in near death boating accidents, etc.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Wait till some of these cases end up in SCOTUS and they very likely will.

For a bunch of attorneys they sure do suck and making criminal laws. I wouldn't hire anyone of these guys.

They make a law hard for the people to understand, almost impossible for the police to enforce under current case law, and their way of fixing the police issue is to legislate an exemption into the law that SCOTUS has already stated is illegal to search for civil offense.

Just par for the course. It will be interesting to see the state try and defend this crock pot of a law.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    ...not to mention weed use still disqualifies you from owning a gun on the federal level right? It'll be interesting to track federal gun charges in states that legalize and decriminalize marijuana use.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I find it amusing that they will allow the weed without allowing the necessary equipment to use the weed.

Tax dollas at work.

They aren't allowing it.

It will still be seized by the police and you'll get a tax ticket for having it.

If they were allowing it the police wouldn't be able to take it.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Thought they approved a 10 gram legal limit for possession with zero penalties...

If I am wrong, I will certainly stand corrected.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Thought they approved a 10 gram legal limit for possession with zero penalties...

If I am wrong, I will certainly stand corrected.

No it's just not an arrestable/criminal offense. It's going to be a civil fine.

Their argument (The Black Caucus) was that the number of black males arrested for weed was disproportionate from white males and that got this awful bill which was tabled rolling again. It was going to die before they started pushing the issue again. So they made it you just can't be arrested for weed. However they didn't approach any of the other issues like purchasing, selling, growing, paraphernalia, searches of vehicles/people, search warrant for houses, etc.

The reality is as of 2012 if you had ID and less then ten grams you weren't taken for a bail hearing anyway. And the amount of people in the state that were actual jailed for simple possession was less then 350 in the WHOLE STATE. They whined and complained about something that wasn't an issue.

We are seeing the same thing about bail hearings and other legalities in the state. If the law imprisons more blacks then whites something must be wrong with the law and fixed.

I'm not thrilled with the decriminalization movement until the FEDS decide to do it first. It just sends bad mixed messages and makes more criminals out of "honest" folks following the state law. HOWEVER if MD was to do it they should have taken the time and did it right not push this illogical, illegal, and unenforceable law.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Did it right...

Where have I heard that before...?

Oh Yeah. Now I remember. SB281

Doing It Right and Annapolis should not be used in the same sentence.

Thank you explaining it. What a Fuster Cluck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom