• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 8milimeter

RICHARD (dino)
    Feb 15, 2009
    Frederick, Md
    Back in May 2013 I bought a M1A before the ban. When I received it, their were casting defects in the rear sight area. So I sent it back the Springfield Armory with specific instructions to return it to my FFL if the receiver was replaced. They ignored my request and sent the gun back to me in July 2013with a new serial number. I called MSP licensing division and was told to submit a voluntary registration with an explaining letter and include all documentation from Springfield Armory. So I sent it in August 26th 2013. Well I got the paperwork back Friday. (440 days)

What do you want to bet that the (replaced) old receiver serial number is still registered in my name. I will be calling them this week to find out.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The MSP database lists every damn firearm you've ever submitted and NEVER updates it to remove firearms you sell or transfer so you are in good company.

clay pigeon

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 5, 2012
    who cares, keep your paperwork from Springfield and the state and move forward.
    Its the same if you sell a registered firearm in Md. The old receiver was ground up. it will never be seen again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom