• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RepublicanJD

Jul 16, 2014
    AA County
    First, I always try to support my local firearms stores if they have a gun that I want, but that's not always the case. I'm at that point now. $75 for a transfer is beyond absurd. Some are much higher. I live in Anne Arundel County and work in Laurel. Please tell me there is someone that will do this for much, much less money.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    $50 plus MSP if necessary seems to be the norm around here (and what we charge.) Are you transferring a regulated or non regulated firearm?

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    TRANSFERS, ETC

First, I always try to support my local firearms stores if they have a gun that I want, but that's not always the case. I'm at that point now. $75 for a transfer is beyond absurd. Some are much higher. I live in Anne Arundel County and work in Laurel. Please tell me there is someone that will do this for much, much less money.

Maryland State Police barracks will help with paperwork, and their fee is $10.00.

MSP Barracks on Aviation Blvd, Glen Burnie has been very accommodating.

While we applaud our FFL folks in brick and mortar, those of us on fixed income save where we can........every penny counts

R

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    MSP only handles secondary sales between MD residents and voluntary registrations, anything else and you have to go through a FFL.

RepublicanJD

Jul 16, 2014
    AA County
    Just checked out the Tyler Firearms website. Since they're so popular I will probably use them (plus they're not far from me). They don't appear to have much in stock in the way of shotguns, so it seems I'll be purchasing online and picking up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom