• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    First Tuesday after Daylight savings, we're beginning our 2015 season with a bang! (cheap pun definitely intended).

$8 a round (25) for Non-members
    $7 a round members price

Memberships are available as annual ($25.00) and Lifetime @$250.

We shoot from around 4:30PM until about 8PM, little later once the weather breaks a bit.

This is a laid back group with all levels of experience, non-competitive (unless you want it to be) environment. I usually set a "long bird" 50/50 station that is breakable and gets broken on occasion. ;)

No need to be shy, the club is located at 880 Chrome Road in Oxford, PA, minutes across the line into Union territory. They have good food, comfortable clubhouse and grounds and reasonable prices.

Anyone who needs more information or has a general question can PM me, or check the website for updates.

http://www.oxfordgunclub.org/5stand.htm

http://www.oxfordgunclub.org/schedule.htm

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Looks like rain for our opening day of 5 Stand. Come out Wednesday for Skeet or Thursday for Trap night (including meat shoots)

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Course is set for Tuesday! Supposed to be in the low to mid 50's, light wind, showers in the morning, hopefully dry in the afternoon.

Stop on out and check us out if haven't before, great food, great targets.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Great place to shoot, need to dust my shotgun off sometime this year and get there!

Stop up, if you haven't been in a while, there have been lots of changes!

Clubhouse improvements, ~$18K dollars in new sporting machines in the past year and a half, new shooting stations, etc.

RetNavyHD

Dec 7, 2008
    North East, MD
    Stop up, if you haven't been in a while, there have been lots of changes!

Clubhouse improvements, ~$18K dollars in new sporting machines in the past year and a half, new shooting stations, etc.

I'll do that,think I shot one Tuesday last year and that was my only outing. Nice to hear they did improvements as well. Thanks for info!

TerminatorSVT

Aug 26, 2012
    Behind Enemy Lines
    I started going to Oxford Gun Club the past few months to shoot sporting clays on Sundays. It was my first time ever shooting sporting clays. We have been paired up with some people who are regulars/members and they have been great in providing knowledge and advice. Now it is time to buy a better shotgun! LOL :thumbsup:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Anyone who has shot a SC Sunday would definitely like 5 Stand on Tuesday. Very similar targets, little less of a crowd and..... under the lights after dark!

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Awesome opening night.

Ran 138 rounds, just short of 3500 targets thrown (856 an hour). Great night minus very windy conditions which made it interesting,...then cold.

Warmer weather is coming, if you've never shot any Sporting Clays, Tuesdays at Oxford Gun Club is a great place to start!

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Full 100 bird Sporting Clays course set for this Sunday. Sign up begins at 7AM, first 9 squads go out for a shotgun start just prior to 9AM.

Special (lower) pricing for this new format, see website for details.

TerminatorSVT

Aug 26, 2012
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Full 100 bird Sporting Clays course set for this Sunday. Sign up begins at 7AM, first 9 squads go out for a shotgun start just prior to 9AM.

Special (lower) pricing for this new format, see website for details.

I was there today and had a blast. First time I have shot a 100 rd. course. Hit 58/100, not too shabby.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Course is set for this afternoon. I've got it nice and soft for the most part, some classic sporting presentations, some slightly tricky.

Feel free to stop up, grab dinner and shoot a few rounds!

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Threw ~2,950 targets last night, about 119 rounds through the course between 4 and 8:30 PM.

Skeet tonight, Trap Thursday, "3 Bird" shoot on Sunday.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Went twice a few years back for sporting clays. Man do I love shooting sporting clays, need to get back up there. Still every other Sunday?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Still every other Sunday?

Yes sir, 2nd and 4th Sundays with the occasional 5th Sunday (like this next one) being a "3 bird" shoot.

Same sporting format (5 Stand) on Tuesday nights, slightly more laid back atmosphere.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Course is set for 5 Stand Tuesday! Temps supposed to be in the mid 50's, chance of showers in the evening.

Good day to stop out and check things out if you are looking for something to do!

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Still setting targets for Tuesdays folks, weather looks good beside the oppressive heat for tomorrow. Have some fast crossers, a rabbit, battue and teals set.

Stop up and shoot!

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Still shooting folks! Stop up and check out the presentations, something for everyone, from cupcakes to fairly testy.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Yup, still hard at it! I've got a distant (40+ yard) Chandelle and crosser, stretched out teals and some other fun presentations set up for us.

We had MDS legend El_Flasko shooting a career high score on the 100 bird course Sunday, looking silky smooth with laser like accuracy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom