• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    After hearing about what happened to my sister with her wedding photographer (Paid $2k and was told "sorry" when the photographer informed her he hadn't put a card in the camera for the shots of the wedding party...thus there are none) my friend and I have decided to take our equipment and experience and apply it to weddings.

Because we're still looking for wedding experience and looking to build a portfolio of wedding pictures we're offering two shooters at a significantly discounted price. The biggest problem is that we have full time jobs and limited availability. Pricing structure will be similar to what you'd typically find but it would be discounted.

I know we hear a lot about buy once, cry once and I know the story I outline in the beginning drives that home. We also talk a lot about how not all value is monetary. So while on the surface we may come off as the "cheap" option, you're also paying us in experience.

Please, if you know someone struggling with the money aspect of their wedding and thinking "we'll just hire this cheap guy" point them in our direction. If you have questions feel free to post them here or email ggwatkins1326@gmail.com for portfolio samples or with questions.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    91 views and no comments? I can only assume people have questions or concerns, out with 'em! You're not going to hurt my feelings :)

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    A link to a portfolio would be beneficial in the post. I'm getting married in 2 years(sept 2015). I looked at the thread clicked the link in your sig hoping to take me to a portfolio or website and then i just forgot to pm you later on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    Yeah, the link is an email to my friend who does the portfolio stuff. I'll make him put together a flickr link or something I can link to. Fear not, it's in the works :)

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    Zombie, do yourself a favor and don't use a site like Flickr. Go ahead and spend the money for an account at http://www.smugmug.com/ or http://www.zenfolio.com/. There are other services out there, but I have used both of these and highly recommend them for portfolio presentation and client delivery. The setup with one of their basic templates requires no HTML coding (but if you know HTML and CSS you can edit as needed.)

The nice part is they handle the printing of the images for you and you can setup protected galleries for client viewing and print sales. I started with zenfolio (because of the MPIX printing service.) I then moved to Smugmug because they give you more website configuration options. They also provide multiple printing vendors (WHCC and Bayphoto are my favorites.)

Flickr is still good for marketing and sharing but go ahead and bite the bullet :innocent0 and setup one of these types of sites. You can be up and running in a couple of hours.

Let me know offline if you have any questions about the backend of one of these.

diesel-man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 8, 2009
    Buy 25 or 30 disposable cameras and give them out to certain people, and one at each table for the reception. Anounce that THEY are taking the wedding pictures....so don't let the little kids take a bunch of pictures of each other.

You'll be surprised that they get stuff that a photographer might not get.

Congratulations...
    :party29:

adoy

Feb 14, 2011
    Sounds great!
    Best of luck on your venture!

People are always looking for a job well done.

Crab Bait

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2011
    Pasadena
    Buy 25 or 30 disposable cameras and give them out to certain people, and one at each table for the reception. Anounce that THEY are taking the wedding pictures....so don't let the little kids take a bunch of pictures of each other.

Congratulations...

I think you may have missed the point of the OP.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Friend's sister's photographer was a disaster, and almost ruined it.

They dominated the ceremony, were in everybody's faces, and did a lousy job, to boot.

Afterwards, people's own pics of the ceremony confirmed it. The wedding photographers were like CSI, without regard whatsoever to the participants or guests.

Advice: Good wedding photographers are invisible, or nearly so. They quietly and seruptitiously record the event. Not the focal point of it.

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD

Congratulations...

People still get film developed?

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Friend's sister's photographer was a disaster, and almost ruined it.

They dominated the ceremony, were in everybody's faces, and did a lousy job, to boot.

Afterwards, people's own pics of the ceremony confirmed it. The wedding photographers were like CSI, without regard whatsoever to the participants or guests.

Advice: Good wedding photographers are invisible, or nearly so. They quietly and seruptitiously record the event. Not the focal point of it.

Agreed. Photographers who stage everything take the fun out of the event. A good photographer can capture memories that will last forever.

What does the client expect, what can the photographer deliver; important to see their work beforehand. Ideal if you can stop by an event they are working before you hire them.

Back to the OP: Very kind of you to offer discount to build your portfolio. Will keep you in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom