• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • docdan

Jun 17, 2013
    Can anyone with knowledge and experience with the handgun permit renewal process help or comment on the renewal application process. I am a dentist and I own a business (my practice). I have it on good authority (thank you CypherPunk) that the only thing I need with the renewal app are the livescan receipt, passport photos, 8 hour training class, and the check for the fee. No character references, no bank letter, no deposit slips, no articles of incorporation. I just want to be sure that this is correct. There are no renewal specific instructions with the app and I can't seem to find any posts here or anywhere online that deal with the renewal process as opposed to the initial app. Just want to confirm and not get shot down for an incomplete app. Also, I plan to apply 4 months before current expiration. Too early?
    Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

JWBanshee

Jul 1, 2009
    I believe you pretty much do a complete application, just like the initial application, just no interview. I am on my 6th renewal and just signed up for the class.

docdan

Jun 17, 2013
    I believe you pretty much do a complete application, just like the initial application, just no interview. I am on my 6th renewal and just signed up for the class.
    Thanks! I was told I did not need some of the original supporting materials but I think I will play it safe and resubmit everything. Do they call your references again?

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    Thanks! I was told I did not need some of the original supporting materials but I think I will play it safe and resubmit everything. Do they call your references again?

I just got my renewal back. As far as I know they did not contact my references.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom