• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knuckles

Feb 28, 2012
    Ceciltucky, MD
    Help me find a Chinese Under Folding Stock

Looking to purchase a Chinese Under Folding Stock for an AK.

Will also need the hardware but most importantly I need to find the stock.

Any help finding one would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

friendlyhippo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 7, 2015
    Glen Burnout
    I'd check Apex Gun Parts (add a dot com) for stock and hardware. If they don't have it, I'm sure gunbroker will.

You're probably going to have some refinishing work ahead of you as well after cutting off and filing down the welded portion on the rear. Chinese rifles should be blued, I believe, so if you're not set up to do that, you'll want to find someone who is.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    So I did a little more research on this and now i'm in the market for a Chinese Under Folding Stock.

ONLY a Chinese kind will fit apparently. I have been looking for just over an hour now & the cheapest I can find is $137 from Poly Tech WITHOUT any hardware!

The other ones (Romanian, Yugo, etc...) are like $30 - $40 WITH parts but these wont fit the thicker Receiver of the Chinese ones.

Iv'e been meaning to do this work for years... figures now that I decide to mess around with it the Under Folding Stock's have all dried up!

If anyone knows of any other places where I can get one please let me know.

Thank you

Stuff like this always pops up on the AKFiles

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I don't think you can do any of this. AFAIK, according to MD anyway, you're turning your "sporter" into an AK by replacing the stock and removing the welded brake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    A Chinese underfolder?

What are you trying to accomplish exactly... do you have one of the Chinese mixup imports with a correct rear trunnion but a fixed stock receiver?

Best places to look are the two AK forums. Post a WTB and keep your eyes open. As others have said, it's a bit of smithing if you want it done right with a matching finish.

PolyTech has some Chinese parts for sale but they are expensive:
    http://stores.polytechparts.com/ak47-under-folding-stock-no-hardware-chinese-polytech-ak-rifle/

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I don't think you can do any of this. AFAIK, according to MD anyway, you're turning your "sporter" into an AK by replacing the stock and removing the welded brake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he owned it pre 10/2013 then he can do whatever he pleases with it.

Knuckles

Feb 28, 2012
    Ceciltucky, MD
    A Chinese underfolder?

What are you trying to accomplish exactly... do you have one of the Chinese mixup imports with a correct rear trunnion but a fixed stock receiver?

Best places to look are the two AK forums. Post a WTB and keep your eyes open. As others have said, it's a bit of smithing if you want it done right with a matching finish.

PolyTech has some Chinese parts for sale but they are expensive:
    http://stores.polytechparts.com/ak47-under-folding-stock-no-hardware-chinese-polytech-ak-rifle/

I am attempting to turn this rifle into what it WAS intended to be before George Bush decided Underfolders w/Pistol grips were evil

Yeah, that PolyTech store is about the only place that says they have them in stock. I would really rather not pay $140 for a piece of metal but if their the only place that has them... I plan on calling them Monday to make sure the place is legit & they actually have it before sending them my CC numbers

Thanks for the tips on sources guys... keep em coming if you think of any others

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    have you tried one of the hundreds of underfolder stocks on Ebay? your pic shows what looks like every other underfolder on the market.

friendlyhippo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 7, 2015
    Glen Burnout
    your pic shows what looks like every other underfolder on the market.

yeah well this LOOKS like every other cobra out there:

gaglione-075-1a-640x317.jpg

but it's not a real one.

unfortunately, some of the chinese rifles will *ONLY* work with chinese hardware and stocks. in this instance, OP is going to have to pony up for the Shelby nameplate and provenance. ;)

Knuckles

Feb 28, 2012
    Ceciltucky, MD
    have you tried one of the hundreds of underfolder stocks on Ebay? your pic shows what looks like every other underfolder on the market.

I haven't ACTUALLY bought one of the many that are out there but from what I have read from people doing exactly what I am trying to do, the Chinese Under Folding Stock IS in fact different from the others.

This is why when people who know what they have (a Chinese version), they KNOW they are rare & hard to find & this is why they can ask a high price for it.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I have a Hungarian AK63D folder with rear trunion for a stamped receiver that I would be willing to part with. If this is what you are look, PM me to discuss the details.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      75.6 KB · Views: 244

Knuckles

Feb 28, 2012
    Ceciltucky, MD
    Thx for the suggestions guys but I bit the bullet & ordered one directly from PolyTech.
    $139 (shipping included) for a crappy piece of metal that doesn't even come w/hardware!
    Oh well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom