• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    Apologies if this is a dupe or been discussed to death . . . my search fu on this forum is very lacking, but I did try.

Does anyone know of any rimfire AR pistols that are already on the handgun roster? With the SIG brace ruling, and the likelihood of purchasing a centerfire version soon, I'm interested in getting a .22 version for practice at On Target (the indoor range I frequent, which allows only pistol calibers and will NOT permit conversion kits due to some ... issues in the recent past).

Ideally I'd get a S&W 15-22P to complement my rifle (sharing magazines), but they're out of production and don't seem to be on the roster in the first place.

Suggestions welcome! Thanks in advance.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Why no conversion kits? I ran a 22lr conversion kit in my SBR just yesterday there. Guy on my left was running a 9mm AR and guy on my right was running something similar as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    OT had a couple of users a few months back come in with the 22 conversion kits loaded in their ARs. During the session, they swapped out the kits for the real deal - and put a few holes right through their walls. It's a no go according to the guys in the red smocks...

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Dont know what to tell you then. Like I said I was there just yesterday, they inspected my firearms and said its fine. And same for the other guys there...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    OT had a couple of users a few months back come in with the 22 conversion kits loaded in their ARs. During the session, they swapped out the kits for the real deal - and put a few holes right through their walls. It's a no go according to the guys in the red smocks...
    Tools

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    They never have, for me. And it's a lot easier to not declare/provide for inspection ammo and parts than it is to gloss over the weapon itaelf...

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    Though they do not make them any more. I have an M&P 15-22P. It is the pistol version of the 15-22. Sig makes one of their 522. I have a friend with one so I'm sure it is on the roster. I have also seen the Umerex one in a shop. So it might be as well.

I was also told once by OT that they were not allowing conversion in the place and didn't want to let me in with my 9mm AR. This was when I brought my 9mm dedicated in there.
    You would have to remove the block and change the entire upper to convert back to .223 from 9mm if it was a conversion. I explained it was not a conversion and they let me in.
    I have not tried to bring in a conversion since then but have not been asked again either about my 9mm or my dedicated .22 AR or any of my 15-22s.
    Maybe it was temporary or they decided to just tell people specifically that they could not shoot .223 there and should not convert it back.
    At the end of the day, you are shooting guns and there has to be some level of responsibility on the customer or you might as well shut down or open a laser tag arena.
    I'll ask about it next time I go shooting there. I'm usually in like once a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom