• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bshedwick

Apr 3, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I already have an 18 Inch SPR style upper for my AR, and I was thinking about getting an upper that was shorter and a little lighter.

Has anyone ever seen a pinned and welded 14.5 inch Heavy Barrel Upper?

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Got my WOA HBAR 14.5" barrel from Engage. It is threaded and ready to accept your attachment.

If you want mine, I would like to exchange it for a fluted barrel. Never been attached to a gun yet. PM if interested. If not, call Engage.

bshedwick

Apr 3, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Got my WOA HBAR 14.5" barrel from Engage. It is threaded and ready to accept your attachment.

If you want mine, I would like to exchange it for a fluted barrel. Never been attached to a gun yet. PM if interested. If not, call Engage.

Do you know if Engage will pin and weld a muzzle device to it?

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    . the definition of hbar is doesn't reduce in diameter under the handguards. its gtg, dont spread bad info

The definition is stamped or advertised as an HBAR, by the manufacturer. That is not a HBAR.

But it is fine for MD residents to put on thier preban lowers.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    . the definition of hbar is doesn't reduce in diameter under the handguards. its gtg, dont spread bad info

The definition is stamped or advertised as an HBAR, by the manufacturer. That is not a HBAR.

This. This is the MSP's "definition" of HBAR.

That upper is not HBAR. From the BCM page that was linked:

The SOCOM M4 profile is a mid-weight profile barrel for the M4A1 Carbine.

It's a mid-weight barrel.

It's stupid, as we all know, but just like the list of what is and what isn't a banned copycat rifle, MSP basically says, "go ask the manufacturer or seller if it's legal," but they reserve the right to decide what is and isn't an HBAR or a Copycat whenever they want to. Right now, as it pertains to barrels, it's "marked or advertised by the manufacturer as a heavy barrel."

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

1) Show me that in writing? MSP or the law do NOT specify what a "heavy": barrel is. MSP says if the manufacturer says it is heavy, it is heavy.

2) Look at the quote, that if from the ad that was linked. The ad says MEDIUM barrel. So by MSP terms, that is NOT legal in MD.

MKR03

Apr 1, 2014
    State of Montgomery

Straight from the description :
    Duty rifles are built to be carried - day in and day out. The USGI barrel profiles (often referred to as the Government Profile) enable the operator to carry their weapon for longer periods of time and deploy them faster than the heavier commercial H-Barrel counterparts. The government profile barrel is also compatible with the current M203 mounting systems.

Pretty clearly NOT HBAR. Like pinecone said, there is no definition of "heavy" or "HBAR" per se (as it applies to MD criminal law). All that matters according to MSP is that the word heavy or HBAR appear somewhere (either in description, advertising or on the barrel).

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Straight from the description :

Pretty clearly NOT HBAR. Like pinecone said, there is no definition of "heavy" or "HBAR" per se (as it applies to MD criminal law). All that matters according to MSP is that the word heavy or HBAR appear somewhere (either in description, advertising or on the barrel).

Battered gun owners. You all make me lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom