• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcpuskar

Jul 15, 2013
    Forest Hill, MD
    I would like to apply for a carry permit in MD. I do own a small business. My question is: How many deposit slips does the MSP want to see? How large of a deposit is considered a large amount of cash?

What is a large amount of money to me may be nothing to someone else.....
    It is all such BS!
    I also transport expensive equipment as part of my business. Expensive meaning items above $500 up to $5,000 which I do not know how to prove that.

Thanks

JC

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    They will ask for 6 deposit slips. No specific amount is mentioned. You have to take the 16 hour training class prior to application.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    I will give MSP about 10 to 15 deposit slips dated over a six month period-most are 5 to 10k in amount. But I also give them invoices/paid receipts for on the road sales and buys, this shows that I'm not just doing business in one location. Yes the whole process is BS but that's what we have to live with since there are not enough of us to change it down Annapolis. By the way if you read SB281, it is now just as bad to carry outside of your restriction as it is to carry without permit, according to the law. My latest permit came back with a new restriction term "While actively involved in financial transactions". What does it mean? Ask 10 people and you will get 7 different answers, which answer will the LEO looking at my permit come up with. In your case would the transporting of an expensive equipment be considered "While actively involved in a financial transactions" if you have already been paid or have invoiced unit (no cash transaction)? I have sent a letter to MSP asking to define-no response as of this date. Chris

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I know the training class is new as of last year Oct 2013. Do you have to have a certain proficiency with your shooting to pass the class?

Yes. There is a specified course of fire and you must get 70% or better to qualify. It is 25 shots with a maximum score of 125.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Dont do the deposit slips. Just get a letter from your bank that states:

Mr X whom owns /operates X Inc has several bank accounts which have multiple transactions stemming from deposits and withdrawals.

You have access to the WC so do a search and a lengthy post will come up.

pittsaero

Mar 29, 2013
    I did the minimum required 6 deposit slips for at least several thousand dollars & had no problem getting approved.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Dont do the deposit slips. Just get a letter from your bank that states:

Mr X whom owns /operates X Inc has several bank accounts which have multiple transactions stemming from deposits and withdrawals.

You have access to the WC so do a search and a lengthy post will come up.

At first I submitted a complete bank statement, but when I went for the interview they expressly asked me to bring 6 deposit slips.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    How long did you have to wait? I'm currently at 5 weeks. Everyone has been contacted and interviewed several weeks ago.

After I submitted my application I got a phone call to set up the interview within just a couple of days. After the interview it was almost 90 days to receive permit.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I mailed it on a Tuesday and on Thursday received the notice from CJIS. My interview was the following Tuesday. All of my references had been contacted by the end of that week. They did tell me during the interview that it would take 90 days. Seems odd since everything necessary was done in 2 weeks.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I did the minimum required 6 deposit slips for at least several thousand dollars & had no problem getting approved.

Ditto. Everyone I know of has to have produced the slips at some time during the application process. Like the idea of the bank letter thought. Will try that for my next renewal.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Yes. There is a specified course of fire and you must get 70% or better to qualify. It is 25 shots with a maximum score of 125.

There is your quote. Now here is the law. Note that it says at least 25 rounds, not 25 rounds. If the instructor wishes, he can require you to shoot any number of rounds over the required 25 minimum and 70% of those must hit black on the target. There is no point value listed, unless of course you can reference it somewhere else.

COMAR 29.03.02.05

Training
    (4) Proficiency and Use Demonstration. Overview of handgun and firearm safety on the range, off the range, and while transporting or on duty. Orientation that demonstrates the applicant’s proficiency in the operation and use of a firearm, including a shooting component in which the applicant fires live ammunition and obtains a qualifying score of 70 percent as prescribed by the Secretary. Instruction on safety shall be integrated into every phase of the training.

(a) Except as provided in §C(4)(b) of this regulation, the shooting component shall be at least 25 rounds and an applicant may not be required to fire in excess of 15 yards [/B]from the target during qualifications.

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    not only does MD want to protect its money via requiring bank receipts, they want the chosen few that get CCW's to protect it to the fullest by requiring a live fire so that shots are accurately placed to protect that taxable income to the fullest as we all know when that money gets stolen and you are dead..MOM cant collect. actually not a bad policy. I hate this state more and more everyday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom