• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SlowShooter

SeaWaves not TigerStripes
    Dec 28, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    Please feel free to be completely honest!

Attachments

• M1A target.jpg
      M1A target.jpg
      58.5 KB · Views: 1,310

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Please feel free to be completely honest!

I'll bite and ask? Are you unhappy with the group? What were you shooting... a Garand? A shot out Carcano with out of spec ammo? Do you need glasses and were shooting from a standing position or do you have perfect vision and shooting technique firing from a lead sled?

Or is this a trick question and I need more coffee this morning?

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I'll bite and ask? Are you unhappy with the group? What were you shooting... a Garand? A shot out Carcano with out of spec ammo? Do you need glasses and were shooting from a standing position or do you have perfect vision and shooting technique firing from a lead sled?

Or is this a trick question and I need more coffee this morning?

:thumbsup:

Context is everything.

smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    Sight adjustment, scope adjustment not sure what you have going on with sights. Benchrest and start over maybe. Not a whole lot of information to go on. :shrug:

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    my question would be what type of ammo are you using? Hand loads, factory, etc...

seems as if you have a pocket of consistency with the one three shot group, How long between shots?

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    Thank GOD you didn't hit the U.S. currency because it is illegal.

It must have been difficult to walk all those rounds onto target without hitting the dollar bill.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    OK ... I made my smartass comments ...

What position were you shooting from? If you were using a bench rest, we need to look at firearm and ammo. If you were shooting offhand, however, you probably just need to adjust your sights.

SlowShooter

SeaWaves not TigerStripes
    Dec 28, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    The rifle is the Standard Springfield Armory M1A dressed in US GI stock. The ammo is the FAME S.A.C. brand (picture attached). The shots were from elbows rest only on bench. I really do not care about hitting the black, but the group...no ... the pattern was horrible. The shooting was done on the Veterans day in the afternoon. I know a lot of people say it is me, but honestly, I do much better with a Mosin Nagant shooting Bulgarian surplus ammo.

Attachments

• FAME SAC.jpg
      FAME SAC.jpg
      37.1 KB · Views: 1,200

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I have fired some of the same ammo from bolts. It wasn't great, but it grouped much better than that at 100 yards.

Good luck with the rifle.

sandeman

Jun 19, 2008
    Pasadena
    What is the range of your target? The group is bad.Ask another shooter to shoot a group of five.Compare results.Some times it's the shooter.Relax and enjoy shooting.Its a skill.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    The rifle is the Standard Springfield Armory M1A dressed in US GI stock. The ammo is the FAME S.A.C. brand (picture attached). The shots were from elbows rest only on bench. I really do not care about hitting the black, but the group...no ... the pattern was horrible. The shooting was done on the Veterans day in the afternoon. I know a lot of people say it is me, but honestly, I do much better with a Mosin Nagant shooting Bulgarian surplus ammo.

Try at 50yds see what that does...honestly it just looks like you don't have a good rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom