• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Jun 20, 2014
    I told the wife that we can take down the for sale sign. Wish Hogan the best. At least we will not have to move for four years. :party29:

Rebelwon

Jul 10, 2013
    Woodstock, MD (HoCo)
    Congrats to Larry Hogan; please deliver on your 2A promises. Even though it is not my District, I sincerely hope Bongino carries the day!! It is looking hopeful for us in the results so far!

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Congrats to Larry Hogan; please deliver on your 2A promises. Even though it is not my District, I sincerely hope Bongino carries the day!! It is looking hopeful for us in the results so far!

What's interesting is they focused on fsa2013 during the campaign and didn't touch the concealed carry topic. Hogan can change that with the stroke of a pen, but acknowledged he couldn't roll back FSA 2013.

Lets see what he does now.

CSS

Nov 30, 2012
    Big win for MD!

Attachments

• IMG_20141105_012733.JPG
      IMG_20141105_012733.JPG
      18.6 KB · Views: 239

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    O'Malley is done politically. He is over.

His only hope was an Obama appointment, but that hope is all but dead with a republican senate and house.

It was notable that the Washington Post put out a story yesterday recounting all the behind the scenes help and non media covered help that O'Malley had provided Brown (obviously a spoon fed story to the Post). I took it as a sign that they knew the numbers looked bad for Brown so they were doing preemptive damage control.

Maybe I missed it as I watched only a bit of live coverage and otherwise followed on the internet, but was O'Malley even present at the Brown concession speech? If Brown was the prohibitive favorite by polling, you can bet he would have been there to bask in the victory and take credit. Cowardly that he not be there to support his LG now.

Otherwise, in Frederick area, happy to see Jenkins win, but disappointed that Ron Young eeked through and Bongino did not (although my absentee ballot and those of others still need to be counted).

ArJuna

Apr 10, 2008
    Gaithersburg, MD
    If hogan can come on out here and do great things for all marylanders this state has a chance to really be red, or should i say a common sense state. The oppurtunity is there for the taking if the cards are played right. The republican base alone couldn't and didn't win it for hogan. It's us democrats and independents that took him over and deep.

Face it man, you're a Republican.

MrNiceGuy

Dec 9, 2013
    So based on the helpful information provided by the Brown campaign about Larry Hogan's 2nd Amendment views, when can I expect to receive my Hogan autographed commemorative M249 SAW? Do I have to go to the nearest swingset to pick it up? Or is it coming straight to my door? Didn't notice any machine guns laying up against trees in the neighborhood, but I haven't been outside since the election was called, so maybe they've since been set up.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    What's interesting is they focused on fsa2013 during the campaign and didn't touch the concealed carry topic. Hogan can change that with the stroke of a pen, but acknowledged he couldn't roll back FSA 2013.

Lets see what he does now.

Yes but don't forget scum of the earth Frosh is attorney general now.........he can be a problem still.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Americans who happen to be black take notice to the diversity in the Republican Party during this election. The first elected from a confederate state into the Senate and first female in the Senate. The party of Frederick Douglas has spoken and should be noted.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    It should also be noted that 2 of the "NO" votes for National Reciprocity have been flipped (IA and WV). That brings us to 59 votes. Harry Reid (a no vote in 2013 but a yes in 2009) is up for re-election in 2016.....
    There's also Mark Kirk (R) who was a no vote in Illinois when Illinois was no-issue. That could perhaps get flipped.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    How effective can a governor be in neutering a hostile general assembly? I wish him success for sure.

You guys... how about the fact that sb281 would not have been signed. We get our asses in gea and make some noise and we are in a much better position. But by god we still have to do it...no one is going to it for us...

Now what are we going to do to help him help us..

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    What an amazing feeling tonight. I feel a bit lighter.

All those days in Annapolis battling the crooks will be a little easier now with the Governor on our side. We need to triple our efforts now that there is real hope. If Hogan can do some good things for all Marylanders we can root out the rest of the roaches in Annapolis in the next election and then effect some change and maybe roll back MoM's awful legacy.

I never in a million years would have guessed this day would turn out this way. I'm a little under the weather and as I dragged myself to the school to vote today I felt it was a futile effort. Boy was I wrong!

Welcome back to the fight. Win some lose some, its not over till we are dead. No effort is futile ... and we told you there was a chance.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    It should also be noted that 2 of the "NO" votes for National Reciprocity have been flipped (IA and WV). That brings us to 59 votes. Harry Reid (a no vote in 2013 but a yes in 2009) is up for re-election in 2016.....

There's also Mark Kirk (R) who was a no vote in Illinois when Illinois was no-issue. That could perhaps get flipped.

Good point. Also should help if someone stops down from the SC. Obviously more ideal if a Republican were in the WH, but at least the Senate can provide a check against a non moderate appointment.

Do wonder what will happen to the already soft firearms market. With the MD governorship and the US Congress (House and Senate) in Republican hands, there's less of an imminent panic about a loss of rights. Ammo and firearms prices have been re-equilibrating, but might expect to see further price cuts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom