• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    Will Keltec ever release the RMR-30? I have a PMR-30 and I love it! I was thinking that the RMR/ PMR pair would be a great camping trip combo. They did a bunch of press on it a few years back, then they said the possible federal gun control was holding up production. What's going on?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Answer: probably. They have a pretty good record of eventually releasing stuff, but sometimes they don't (SU-16 in .300AAC).

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    Email them and ask.....anything short of that is speculation

I've done that. One said "soon" and the other said "Parts in production....third quarter of 2014". Its third quarter 2014 and these are the same answers I got a year ago. But now Im getting different prices. First price they gave me was $450 MSRP, then it was $515 MSRP, but now I hear $570 MSPR. This is the same as what they said at the Shot Show. Oh well

Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    I'm with you on this. Really hopeful they release it soon. Also, hope it's not unobtanium and all the dealers crank up prices above MSRP because of high demand - low availability. Looks like it's going to be a blast to shoot. Now if I can find some .22 WMR at reasonable prices... This ammo shortage may be what's delaying the release right now.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    I'm with you on this. Really hopeful they release it soon. Also, hope it's not unobtanium and all the dealers crank up prices above MSRP because of high demand - low availability. Looks like it's going to be a blast to shoot. Now if I can find some .22 WMR at reasonable prices... This ammo shortage may be what's delaying the release right now.

I questioned them on why their products are so hard to get. They cited demand and that they are such a small operation. In 2013 they only made 50,000 units.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    I remember a few years ago Ruger had a 1 million gun challenge and I think they ended up selling 1.25 million firearms that year. Big contrast to Keltec's 50k.

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    I remember a few years ago Ruger had a 1 million gun challenge and I think they ended up selling 1.25 million firearms that year. Big contrast to Keltec's 50k.

Yeah but how's that scale up considering Ruger has so many more products than younger Keltec.

It'd be nice to use my $50 extra mag in something else other than my PMR! Pricing doesn't seem too too bad...

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    Yeah but how's that scale up considering Ruger has so many more products than younger Keltec.

It'd be nice to use my $50 extra mag in something else other than my PMR! Pricing doesn't seem too too bad...

$50 extra mag? that's cheap. I keep seeing $70!

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    damn it....I wrote a long, very concise reply as to everything .22WMR KelTec and lost it because the website timed out. Oh well....the gist is that if I don't have a CMR-30 in my collection by the end of next year, purchased at or below MSRP, I am selling my PMR-30 and wiping my hands of all things KelTec.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    damn it....I wrote a long, very concise reply as to everything .22WMR KelTec and lost it because the website timed out. Oh well....the gist is that if I don't have a CMR-30 in my collection by the end of next year, purchased at or below MSRP, I am selling my PMR-30 and wiping my hands of all things KelTec.

I get it!

Sirex