• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/26389173/potomac-neighborhood-fights-to-stop-pepco-tree-cutting

Pepco wants to cut down some trees, Potomac elitists claim 'deforestation.'

In future news, Potomac elitists outraged about power outages and claims that Pepco does not do enough to prevent this kind of thing.

My take- If I was pepco, I would say keep your ****ing trees, but you are going to literally be the LAST houses we restore service to during the next snowstorm/icestorm/hurricane/superstorm/derecho/etc.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/26389173/potomac-neighborhood-fights-to-stop-pepco-tree-cutting

In future news, Potomac elitists outraged about power outages and claims that Pepco does not do enough to prevent this kind of thing.

My take- If I was pepco, I would say keep your ****ing trees, but you are going to literally be the LAST houses we restore service to during the next snowstorm/icestorm/hurricane/superstorm/derecho/etc.

They actually did that the last BIG outage. They didn't SAY it,but I know some linemen that said it. LOL

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick

What future news, they already have....

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    That part of the county has a history of being the squeaky wheel that always gets the oil. Sadly they will probably get their way. The only thing I like about that side of the county is the deer I harvest every year.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    We had this problem years ago. A whiny Anne Arundel county executive forbade BGE from cutting trees. I loved the power outages we had.
    Once she was gone, the trees got cut, and the power stayed on.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Wonder why they won't trim them? Contractors bid too much cost on trimming vs. Felling?

I'm pretty sure I read BGE has a 3 year trimming cycle. Contractor came out last year and topped about 20 individual trees on my property that are next to the utility poles.

Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    Allot of the houses in Potomac have back up generators, because of the last storms and outages.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    On the one hand I can see that some of these trees are on peoples personal property and that its a little disconcerting that "anyone" can come in and do that to your property.

On the other hand after the derrecho and having to drive right after it swept through our area and seeing all these old trees that were tangled in power lines beforehand only making it easier for them to pull down all the power lines it does make one think.

But I agree with the sentiment if you want these trees that we deem unsafe then you will be the last to get your power back on.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    This is terrible! There are only, what - 10 billion trees left in the entire state of Maryland!

We must save them - for the children, for Al Gore, and for Mother Gaia!

Sewer Rat

Ultimate Member
    While I fully agree with keeping trees.... common sense needs to enter into it.... you got branches intertwining with power lines; gotta be trimmed, plain and simple. Branch takes a line out on your tree, YOU need to be responsible for the repair if you didn't allow the trimming...

Feb 28, 2013
    I can count a total of about 4 things nice about Montgomery County. Engage Armament, United Gunshop, Erwos, and Swinokur.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    They want pepco to pay for it.

During the underground project they would bitch about the inconvenience of having their road dug up and demand pepco do it via horizontal boring.

They should put in bike lanes while they're at it. Those bikers are so annoying whenever I'm driving along River Rd to get to my range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom