• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GSHOT

Jan 31, 2013
    Annapolis MD
    so i have had my heart set on a new xdm 5.25 40 competition series pistol for a while now but could not afford one before the law changes that where made in october. since it holds more then 10 rounds am i totally out of luck? or can i buy it with out mags? any information on this will be greatly appreciated

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    the FFL should be able to afix a 'block' to the magazines, making it legal.

Hambone

May 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    Depending on the shop you buy from they may be willing to send the magazines to friends or family out of state. It is legal to take possesion of larger capacity magazines out of state and return with them. I had this done for me on my last purchase.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Buy it with Md compliant 10 round mags, then go to Va and buy the standard capacity mags.

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    So finding a FFL who will do the transfer for you will be a big of a pain in the ass for you let alone them being cool and sending he mags out of state. Do yourself a favor and buy the gun online, send it to bollinger's (an IP on the site). They then ship the mags for you to a shop across the Pa line, 9 miles from theirs, for you to take possession of. I see its a drive for you but it's well worth it. After 7 days go pick up the new addition and continue heading to pa for the mags. Don't waste money on Md compliment mags and get the ones that come with the gun, you paid for them. They are excellent people and I will only do business with them moving forward.

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    why are MD laws so silly? I cant buy it in my state of residence but I can drive 35 minutes north,west or south and import it in legally. yeesh!

FrankAR15

Feb 1, 2008
    Anne Arundel Co.
    Not sure if Sprinfield is doing this with the .40 also, but a friend of mine wants to buy the Springfield XDm in 9mm and bass pro told him that the manufacturer is no longer shipping that gun to MD because of the mag ban. No 10 rd mags are made for it apparently. (Going to Springfield website to verify right after posting)

I think he did say he could get the new XDs (single stack)

Edit: crap, can't go to website because it runs flash(Apple)

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Could have sworn I've seen XDm's at On Target since the ban.

Freestate has them as well. The price was so high I didn't bother asking if they were 10rd mags or they were selling with no mags. BC I believe they don't ship mags so idk what the deal was :shrug:

FrankAR15

Feb 1, 2008
    Anne Arundel Co.
    Maybe it's only Bass Pro that won't get them anymore?? But He says that bass pro is claiming the manufacturer won't ship.

He is stuck buying from bass Pro because he has about $600 in reward points that is going towards the purchase of his pistol.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Maybe it's only Bass Pro that won't get them anymore?? But He says that bass pro is claiming the manufacturer won't ship.

He is stuck buying from bass Pro because he has about $600 in reward points that is going towards the purchase of his pistol.

Why is he STUCK buying THAT gun from BP? Buy something else from BP and the xdm at a handgun friendly shop. BP is a POS when it comes to handguns lately from all the stories Ive heard.

FrankAR15

Feb 1, 2008
    Anne Arundel Co.
    Why is he STUCK buying THAT gun from BP? Buy something else from BP and the xdm at a handgun friendly shop. BP is a POS when it comes to handguns lately from all the stories Ive heard.

You can only lead them to water,........ lol. I have the feeling he wouldn't be purchasing the pistol without the $600 credit.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    This. Plenty of optics, mounts, ammo, and knives there.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Yep, just buy out of state.

I was in BassPro recently, and overheard an employee ask a customer if he had an HQLICENSE. The customer had no idea of the new law (SB281). The employee said he couldn't even take the gun out of the case to show him without an HQLICENSE. The customer (with his family), basically asked what the f is wrong with this state?!? The employee said " Omalley". "He's an Obama drone".

As he started walking away, I gave him a MSI business card and suggested he join us.

I saw him again later walking around in the mall, only then did I notice he had on this shirt. I just googled it, and discovered its an NRA shirt.

$_3.JPG

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    There are a LOT of people who have no idea about sb281, much less the HQL. I don't agree with the nonsense about not even letting someone look at a pistol without an HQL in hand. What if they are curious and just need that extra attention to make them want to get an HQL. Being refused service may be enough of a putoff to sway them the other direction :sad20:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    MSP issued an advisory on blocking mags. If it can be unpinned, it's not legal to do. It must be done by an 07 FFL.

attached.

Attachments

• Licensing Div- Advisory LD-FRS-13-005.pdf
      69.4 KB · Views: 335

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads