• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WeiShen

Oct 7, 2013
    Ward 7
    Hey all,

Walked into my LGS a few days ago for no rhyme or reason (class got canceled so I delegated the day to driving around) - walked out with this baby! $1k out the door. Its been roughly a 3-6 month wait on these with shipments arriving sporadically.

h8no.jpg

s6nl.jpg

Fished in the toolbox for a cheapo red/green dot sight and some MBUS - action was super rough, but a few boxes later it is now smooth as butter. Well balanced, compact, incredibly accurate and an absolute joy to shoot!

Put about 100 rounds through it - my shoulder isn't happy but the soul is :D. The KSG's downward ejection also did a number on my forearm - so lots of training is in order.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    That's one hell of a first shotgun. Congrats!

I loved shooting the KSG.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Lol, thats a heck of a fist shotgun. It's on my wishlist, but the price tag is a tad high for me right now. You got a good price. Best I've seen so far is $960+ tax.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Nice, thats a direct leap into the big leages instead of wandering though a few quasi-fudd guns.

One of those has been on my shopping list for a LOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNG time.

FMD

Congrats on your new addition! I picked one up at Hafer's about a month ago. Love it! It'll hold 14+1 2 3/4" shells or 12+1 3" shells. Shoulder felt it the day after the first 50 rounds (slugs) but not noticeable for me after the next 50. Have about 300 through it now with zero issues. Also, made a conscious effort to keep my elbow out rather than under and had no problems with shell ejection on my forearm. You're right about the action. No need to be gentle with it. Gets progressively smoother. Also, very easy to take down and reassemble.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Nice, thats a direct leap into the big leages instead of wandering though a few quasi-fudd guns.

One of those has been on my shopping list for a LOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNG time.

$1,000 and you still have to pump the thing. lol

Might as well get an autoloader with the 20+ round X-Rail extension on it for that much. Plus, you could use the "quasi fudd gun" to go hunting if you wished to do so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxFtAgxW5CM

Nice gun though for a first shotgun.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

Might as well get an autoloader with the 20+ round X-Rail extension on it for that much. Plus, you could use the "quasi fudd gun" to go hunting if you wished to do so.

Ya love to swing that around in a tight residential hallway! Seriously, I am not totally knocking quasi fudd guns it was more tongue in cheek.

$$$ wise sure you could buy a Saiga or nearly two Mossberg 930s but the KSG is cool, its compact, it has really impressive ergonomics etc.

Still overpriced for what they are but nice all the same.

WeiShen

Oct 7, 2013
    Ward 7

Saiga was a close second for me - but I've been on a bullpup kick lately. K̶S̶G̶, RFB, and the Tavor are all on my shopping list.

Can't beat the compactness, cool factor, and weight balance for me. Took slugs out to 20 yards today with MBUS and green dot co-witness, and it was spot on! That and some one handed shooting (it's been a long day).

I've also noticed it sometimes doesn't play nice with the winchester white box target ammo I've been running - the action needs to be roughed around. Didn't have the problem with some federal target load (all birdshot) and federal slugs. I think it still needs a few more hundred rounds to smooth out.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I've also noticed it sometimes doesn't play nice with the winchester white box target ammo I've been running - the action needs to be roughed around. Didn't have the problem with some federal target load (all birdshot) and federal slugs. I think it still needs a few more hundred rounds to smooth out.

I've noticed the same thing with my SxS. ANY new Winchester shell almost locks the action up. I think it's because the base expands more than Remington or other shells.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom