• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Virtual President Bill Whittle

• Never heard of him before great stuff!

Votes: 3 23.1%
    • I've seen some of this other excellent videos.

Votes: 5 38.5%
    • Waste of time.

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Current tax system is unfair and needs changing.

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Flat tax. Period..end of story. Don't care if you make 1 dollar a year or a billion...flat tax ensures we all pay.

Agreed. A friend of mine at work says when he 'retires' he going to run for office; I have some hope if enough good people start taking actions like this we can save the country before the 51% vote to take everyone else's money.

Missed it, thanks. I even searched, sorry.

Another proposal for tax reform (not mine, but forget who): Move tax payment day from April 15th to the day to the monday before election day. Kind of messes with accounting (since the day moves around to different weeks), but gets the point across and ties both parts of civic responsibility together.

TheRussianNightmare

Sep 17, 2012
    Interesting. I think it fails to address the relative cost of living. 18% of $30k will have a much bigger impact on a person's ability to provide for himself and/or his family than 18% of $3,000k. It seems disproportionate when you factor in the cost of living.

What about other percentage based taxes? Do they go away or compound?

However, I do like the idea of eliminating the IRS, simplifying the tax code. The rich pay a lot, but they cheat the system, too. The tax code favors the rich with deductions, credits, & loopholes, like off-shore accounts. I think people who are benefiting the most in this country, should pay the most.

It's not right to tax a guy who is working hard and struggling to stay afloat, the same rate as millionaire. Its a tricky situation.

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    Interesting. I think it fails to address the relative cost of living. 18% of $30k will have a much bigger impact on a person's ability to provide for himself and/or his family than 18% of $3,000k. It seems disproportionate when you factor in the cost of living.

What about other percentage based taxes? Do they go away or compound?

However, I do like the idea of eliminating the IRS, simplifying the tax code. The rich pay a lot, but they cheat the system, too. The tax code favors the rich with deductions, credits, & loopholes, like off-shore accounts. I think people who are benefiting the most in this country, should pay the most.

It's not right to tax a guy who is working hard and struggling to stay afloat, the same rate as millionaire. Its a tricky situation.

It's absolutely right to tax everyone at the same rate. If 18% is too much then the question is "how do we bring that down for everyone?"

That the rich, as a class, cheat the system is demonstrably false. It is nothing more than a Democratic talking point. It has skewed public perception of the reality of how taxes actually work to the point where people want higher taxes on the rich because they believe the rich pay a smaller share and lower effective rates. The "rich" pay both a higher effective rate and a dramatically higher overall share of all federal income tax revenue.

We don't need our tax code to be any more "progressive" than it already is. Instead, we need the opposite. That bottom 50% barely paying anything and still getting a say in how to spend and how much to take of the other 50%'s money is a huge problem. If the percentage of takers grows much more, it will be game over for the US.

Facts:
    The top 1% pays an effective tax rate of 25.3%. The top (1st) income quintile pays an effective rate of 21%. The 2nd quintile pays an effective rate of 12.9%. Then 9.2%, 1.3% and -5.8% to finish out the 3rd, 4th, and bottom (5th) quintiles.

Quintile divides:
    1st - above $103,465
    2nd - $59,486 to $103,465
    3rd - $33,542 to $59,486
    4th - $16,812 to $33,542
    5th - up to $16,812

Percentage divides:
    Top 1%: above $532,613
    Top 5%: above $210,998
    Top 10%: above $163,173

Share of all income taxes paid:
    Top 1% - pay 35.1% of all federal income taxes
    Top 5% - pay 56.5% of all federal income taxes
    Top 10% - pay 68.3% of all federal income taxes
    Top 50% - pay 97.1% of all federal income taxes

http://reason.com/poll/2014/04/15/62-percent-of-americans-say-they-favor-a
    http://taxfoundation.org/article/summary-latest-federal-income-tax-data

bbguns

Defend the Constitution
    Jan 28, 2010
    Heading to Free America
    Unless the 16th amendment to the USC is repealed (this is the abomination that gave the fed gov the authority to commit legalized theft of your hard-earned dollars), I wouldn't go for a national sales tax. That was the biggest (IMO) flaw of Herman Cain's plan. Pass a 'law' that eliminates income tax...and it will stand until the next Congress convenes. Repeal the 16th Amendment and the feds are stuck. At least until the next gov decides to ignore the Constitution...

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Take the budget, divide it by the population. Everyone gets a bill for their part of the budget along with a copy of how their politicians voted.

This would slow the robbery in DC since politicians would be encouraged to spend less.

Also, it would spread the cost more evenly across the nation.

Want to be a resident, it cost $X. Disney doens't charge more/less on your income, neither does Walmart, or much else in life. I don't think taxes should take more from some than others.

This would be fair in my mind. Flat tax is OK as would be sales tax (huge black market issue there) but both of them make people with more $$ pay more which I don't think is right, it's not like they are using more of the nation's defense budget or using more parks, road than others.

My system would also gut all the crazy BS loopholes which politicians now use to buy votes and get kickbacks.

May not be perfect but a lot better than we have now.

quantum

Apr 5, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I'll be a voice of dissent on any federal sales tax. Unless Food, Pharmacy, Housing, and probably vehicles up to a certain amount are exempted; the middle and lower classes will find themselves in worse shape than now.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Another proposal for tax reform (not mine, but forget who): Move tax payment day from April 15th to the day to the monday before election day. Kind of messes with accounting (since the day moves around to different weeks), but gets the point across and ties both parts of civic responsibility together.

Hmm. Then you have the people getting their EIC "refund" voting for the guys who "gave" it to them. :mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cddrive

Latest threads

Top Bottom