• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tzsz10

Apr 10, 2014
    seblyville delaware
    My father found my muzzleloader from when iI was younger maybe 8 or so years ago lol. Me ,him and my brother where in the lower sussex black powder club. Most members were family to me or close friends any way I tried back then to replace the sights to fiber optic ones and manage to strip the back sight threads out. Is this an easy fix I can do or should I find a place to fix with the hopes of someone on here knows a good place to have it done.

Panzer Radeo

National Wanderer
    Apr 21, 2014
    You can try Scott's Gunsmithing. They're located @ 231 Thelma Ave, Glen Burnie, MD 21061. Give'm a call and see what they think. (410) 761-9815. Good people there.

It all depends on wear you live. A lot of gun shows have them but they are extremely expensive rifles, not just the rifle but the ammunition for it to. i am curious... what do u need the 50 cal. rifle for because that is way to big for any hunting game in north America.

Try some web sites that sell and ship.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    It all depends on wear you live. A lot of gun shows have them but they are extremely expensive rifles, not just the rifle but the ammunition for it to. i am curious... what do u need the 50 cal. rifle for because that is way to big for any hunting game in north America.

?
    Did we read the same post?

Dec 31, 2012

50 black powder NOT 50 BMG!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Hmm drive by post from current thread section or post #2 from Mr Wise guy Mall Ninja?
    Maybe sarcasm?

OP, sounds like an interesting project to bring back your roots, good luck with it and post some pics maybe and your progress. Just curious, is this an inline or sidelock?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

Sounds like a new member who thinks he knows more than he does. He will open keyboard and insert foot a few times then either catch on or will go away.

Welcome to Maryland Shooters wscott577 this is posted in the Black Powder section and the OP is asking about renewing stripped threads on a .50 caliber muzzle loading Black powder gun. In black powder this would be a suitable caliber for hunting deer and other mid to large sized game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom