• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bm3r

Mar 25, 2013
    Hello everyone,

Im looking at a private party HK 91 machine gun that has a multi cal: 9/223/308 sear in it.

This is appealing to me if it is what I feel it may be...can I, as a MD resident purchase a MP5 and/or HK 53 host and be good to go? Just drop in the Sear?

Side note, what steps would I need to take to convert it into a g3k with the 12" barrel.

Thanks for your time

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Your answer can be found with a phone call to ATF's Firearms Technology Branch

Firearms Technology

The Firearms Technology Branch (FTB) provides expert technical support to ATF, other Federal agencies, State and local law enforcement, the firearms industry, Congress, and the general public. FTB is responsible for rendering opinions regarding the classification of suspected illegal firearms and newly designed firearms. FTB maintains an extensive firearms reference collection, as well as technical firearms reference files and library and firearms databases. This Branch is also responsible for the technical determination concerning types of firearms approved for importation into the United States. Further, FTB provides the U.S. Department of Justice, State prosecutors’ offices, district attorneys’ offices, and military courts with expert firearms testimony. This testimony includes the identification and origin of firearms and other matters relating to firearms and the firearms industry.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Hello everyone,

Im looking at a private party HK 91 machine gun that has a multi cal: 9/223/308 sear in it.

This is appealing to me if it is what I feel it may be...can I, as a MD resident purchase a MP5 and/or HK 53 host and be good to go? Just drop in the Sear?

Side note, what steps would I need to take to convert it into a g3k with the 12" barrel.

Thanks for your time

If the sear is installed in the gun it is a single transaction with standard ATF paperwork. If you acquire the sear separate from the gun then you will have to transfer the gun on a 77R which will require a purchase order.

You can convert the 91 to a short barrel with the machine gun conversion device installed. If you sell the sear or install a semi auto trigger pack then you've got an unregistered SBR. Hence "one stamp" or "two stamp" guns. Separating the sear from the short barrel host is known as "divorcing the sear."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom