• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    And so it begins.................
    The "Eighth Day Release" claus has saved almost, if not, more than 100,000 regulated firearms from still being in the logjam. MSP has only entered the month of August of applications backlogged.

They're just now up to August?

Amazing...:shocking:

.......And OMalley reportedly back in 2007 said we didn't need any new gun laws, we needed to enforce the one's we already had on the books.

That was, of course, before their most exploitable tragedy, Sandy Hook. Never let a good crisis go to waste, ya know. :mad54:

I knew deep down inside there would be more anti-2A slimy shit oozing out of Annapolis stinking up this state in the 2014 GA though my fellow constituants of the MLFDA, with exception of one (other than myself), thought we would be "left alone" by those libtards. Yeah, one person other than myself on the Board knew shit would continue to pour out of the sesspool on Bladen Street in 2014.

Oh I knew they weren't done too.

I just wish they'd call a spade a spade. It's not "The Firearms Safety Act of 2013. It's the "Scary Looking Firearm Act of 2013".

I'd bet legislation with a name even as laughable as that would've passed overwhelmingly. :sad20:

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    And so it begins.................
    The "Eighth Day Release" claus has saved almost, if not, more than 100,000 regulated firearms from still being in the logjam. MSP has only entered the month of August of applications backlogged.

.......And OMalley reportedly back in 2007 said we didn't need any new gun laws, we needed to enforce the one's we already had on the books.

I knew deep down inside there would be more anti-2A slimy shit oozing out of Annapolis stinking up this state in the 2014 GA though my fellow constituants of the MLFDA, with exception of one (other than myself), thought we would be "left alone" by those libtards. Yeah, one person other than myself on the Board knew shit would continue to pour out of the sesspool on Bladen Street in 2014.

We have been told by a number of people that the MLFDA was at the forefront of fighting for 2A rights since their livelihood depended on it. What gives?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Exhibit A, 12/20 report:

Attachments

• image-4009486007.jpg
      image-4009486007.jpg
      14.2 KB · Views: 327

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The current case in CA in regards to their waiting period may tarnish this bill, especially if the Judge's opinion of it being an unconstitutional burden continues to hold. This bill must die, but I think that if it did become law somehow, it'd be a big litigious target.

It'll be up to us to make sure this and all the other crap bills that are coming out don't get that far.

Publius

Mar 18, 2013
    Ellicott City
    This bill essentially is trying to make lack of due process legal. It makes an open ended wait legal. It's ironical in a sense because when the state was sued in the summer, the state argued in its defense that the long wait was the dealers' fault because they were holding the guns without the state forcing them to. Now the state will force them to wait.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    This bill essentially is trying to make lack of due process legal. It makes an open ended wait legal. It's ironical in a sense because when the state was sued in the summer, the state argued in its defense that the long wait was the dealers' fault because they were holding the guns without the state forcing them to. Now the state will force them to wait.

Raises in interesting claims .. was it a conspiracy? Not everyone went to timely release .. were threats made? is reopening discovery possible ?

Can we attempt to prove that the state was deliberately and unlawfully obstructing the exercise of a fundamental right?

If this bill dies it will be because no one want these questions asked in court of law.

Mini-Ben may stand to gain from this if he was hands off on this ... but those who would stand to lose will pants him hard for even trying.. We will know if mini- Ben has a future by how the bill fairs in committee.

Watchful waiting I think .

Mr H

Banana'd
    Just now getting to read these.

This is a baddie.

While it still requires them to DISAPPROVE in 7 days, it would leave the NOT DISAPPROVED decision completely open-ended, and at MSP's whim.

The change in the language to APPROVED is bothersome as well, as it seems to signal a new level of hubris coming from MGA.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    In case you weren't paying attention, we made a hell of a lot of stuff go away in SB 281.

I wasn't being sarcastic at all. I can see how my comment could have been taken that way.

No no no, I'm reallllllly glad we dented that bill up the way we did. Had we all not have, we'd all be criminals right now.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I wasn't being sarcastic at all. I can see how my comment could have been taken that way.

No no no, I'm reallllllly glad we dented that bill up the way we did. Had we all not have, we'd all be criminals right now.

Next Tuesday night woulda been quite a sight. Lining up at MSP stations across the state...

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Next Tuesday night woulda been quite a sight. Lining up at MSP stations across the state...
    Or not. It'll be interesting to see how things play out in NY. We had months to kill the registration requirements. They had zero public time to do so.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Or not. It'll be interesting to see how things play out in NY. We had months to kill the registration requirements. They had zero public time to do so.

Yeah, that was a real blow for the firearms community up there in NY... Don't they have some new registration requirement up in CT and in DC with deadlines on New Years?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom