• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri

I am really surprised they still have these in stock. I think it's been about a year and a half since I bought 3 from SOG. They were all quite nice, I requested the steel pin and all 3 had it. Great shooters.

I slopped one with RIG grease and put away, the other I shoot often. It's a great price for an awesome gun, I was thinking when I got mine that I better jump on it while they have them. I haven't seen any of the other major retailers get any in this whole time.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    When did they ever run out?
    Mine was I think a year ago or more. Asked for hex pin and all matching
    They called to say they had hex but no matching
    When it came in it was all matching but the refurb dating confused them. They matched but it went through several refurbs. Shoots great and has a 60's serial num

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    Royal Tiger dropped the price of their "C Grade" SKS's to $179 just in case somebody needs just one more. D Grade, for the truly daring buyer, are only $159.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013

Attachments

• MKA-1919BX-D.jpg
      MKA-1919BX-D.jpg
      18.8 KB · Views: 301

sig63

Jun 15, 2009
    FREED AT LAST!!!
    Has anyone played with this? https://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=8435&dir=18|830|854

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

Not sure if you got this answered, but I have ordered a bunch of this and it is pretty good stuff. In my Turk and Persian it is certainly good enough with the iron sights at 200 yards. I treat it as corrosive.

Worth noting is that I only get musket accuracy with the Turk using new production 8mm, which I think is a combination of the old rifling and the smaller diameter of new production bullets. Romy surplus does just fine too, if you can still find it.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Not sure if you got this answered, but I have ordered a bunch of this and it is pretty good stuff. In my Turk and Persian it is certainly good enough with the iron sights at 200 yards. I treat it as corrosive.

Worth noting is that I only get musket accuracy with the Turk using new production 8mm, which I think is a combination of the old rifling and the smaller diameter of new production bullets. Romy surplus does just fine too, if you can still find it.

What "new production" bullet weight are you using? I bought a tin of the 154 grain Romanian for my Spanish M1943 and couldn't hit the side of the barn at 50 yards. I switched to 196 grain PPU, and I was touching rounds. I was told that the light bullets only shoot well in the long rifles like the Turk and Gew 88, and that the short 98k style rifles only like heavy bullets.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom