• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    that's exactly my point. These criminals have nothing to fear because nothing happens to them. Each time they get away with something they are further emboldened.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Liquidated Damages.

Very common in construction. You agree to a schedule to get project X open by Y date and if not there is a per day penalty. I've seen them as high as five figures.

Apply the same thing to governments. After they lose, they can appeal but run the risk of a monetary payout for each day until the final verdict.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Perhaps if Chief Lanier and Mayor Gray were given some time in the DC Jail or a Federal facility their unconstitutional behavior might be mitigated. No harm in trying.

I don't think our courts hold enough of these thugs in criminal contempt of court.

It's time for this game playing to end.
    Gray is likely on his way to prison soon anyway. FBI investigation will IMO announce an indictment after he is out of office.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Liquidated Damages.

Very common in construction. You agree to a schedule to get project X open by Y date and if not there is a per day penalty. I've seen them as high as five figures.

Apply the same thing to governments. After they lose, they can appeal but run the risk of a monetary payout for each day until the final verdict.
    Only problem is that it is our money they pay out. Not so good when you look at it that way. If it was a fine per day against their salary that might work.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    You've identified the biggest flaw in the US Constitution: no provisions for punishing those in violation of its protections and limitations. If those who voted for legislation later declared unconstitutional faced actual prison time for their efforts to subvert the rights of the people, you'd see a stark change in the legislation being passed. Suddenly everyone would err on the side of peoples' rights.

The biggest flaw in the constution is public ignorance. There is no remedy for same as the public is the sovereign. We are the authors of our usurpation,or rather our ignorant compatriots are.

From which it follows they must be educated or expelled from the union via con con.

Meanwhile we vote and we educate...:) con con can wait..

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Nothing in his declaration (74-6) about this. These kind of shenanigans need to be put forth for Judge Scullin.

I went ahead and pulled Mr Lyon's declaration, not much difference (as I thought) from Mr Palmer's.

They are employing a different tact this time in that they are automatically conceding they don't meet the "distinguishable from the public" standard so there's no point to even trying. And I especially like the part where he says defendants are saying "trust us, this time." A really good read.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Perhaps if Chief Lanier and Mayor Gray were given some time in the DC Jail or a Federal facility their unconstitutional behavior might be mitigated. No harm in trying.

I don't think our courts hold enough of these thugs in criminal contempt of court.

It's time for this game playing to end.

Gray is already heading there

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Now that the House and Senate will be firmly in Republican control 01/2015.

What are the chances for Congressional intervention in the 2A home rule for carry permits?

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    The rec marijuana initiative passing also makes things interesting. We could potentially have a perm ccw bill will all the g&s nonsense in the emergency bill hitting Congress at the same time as the ganga legalization. I could see some back room horse trading withing Congress.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Now that the House and Senate will be firmly in Republican control 01/2015.

What are the chances for Congressional intervention in the 2A home rule for carry permits?

I think you are referring to National Reciprocity. It took a huge step forward, not just by the GOP taking control of the Senate, but of which seats were flipped.
    Last year the Cornyn bill got 57 votes, and just missed the 60 vote margin. The election last night flipped 3 NO votes (seats in IA,WV,and SD) into almost sure YES votes. So, as long as all other votes stay the same, it'll pass the Senate. (Passing the House will be a breeze)
    It's then a matter of what kind of bill to attach it to, and then we have to see if they try to do something soon or wait until closer to next election to use as a club against any red state Dems.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I think you are referring to National Reciprocity. It took a huge step forward, not just by the GOP taking control of the Senate, but of which seats were flipped.
    Last year the Cornyn bill got 57 votes, and just missed the 60 vote margin. The election last night flipped 3 NO votes (seats in IA,WV,and SD) into almost sure YES votes. So, as long as all other votes stay the same, it'll pass the Senate. (Passing the House will be a breeze)
    It's then a matter of what kind of bill to attach it to, and then we have to see if they try to do something soon or wait until closer to next election to use as a club against any red state Dems.

No

I am talking about the US congress, stripping away anything 2A from the District, to make sure the laws adhere to Judge Scullins order.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    No

I am talking about the US congress, stripping away anything 2A from the District, to make sure the laws adhere to Judge Scullins order.

The votes may be there now but I'm sure the SAF doesn't want to see the case mooted and may try to get Congress to hold off. Maybe the nickel and dime stuff that'll be difficult to get overturned (certain weird training requirements,exc.) would be something they can do without getting the SAF & NRA pissed off.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    According to her Twitter, Emily Miller is applying for a DC CCW. She's reporting on it during tonight's news (starts at 10pm but who knows when her segment will air).

I'll have to catch the replay on the interwebs when I get home tonight.

I would have embedded a link, but I'm using my phone right now.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    She'll get it, not because she can document an attempted break in, but because of who she is.

I don't expect to see high profile people denied. The rest of us-not so much.

If she is just documenting all the hoops used to obstruct applicants, that's a good thing. DC will say the attempted break in is the reason, not that she is a local pro 2A TV reporter/personality.

OK sure.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    She'll get it, not because she can document an attempted break in, but because of who she is.

I don't expect to see high profile people denied. The rest of us-not so much.

If she is just documenting all the hoops used to obstruct applicants, that's a good thing. DC will say the attempted break in is the reason, not that she is a local pro 2A TV reporter/personality.

OK sure.
    But then it sets DC up for having to issue to anyone who had a break in. And in DC there's probably a lot of folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom