• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    There were so many evil black rifles laying around that this was the only small area that Dogbone could find where there wouldn't be one in the photo.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Had a little face time with an old friend too.
    3fffa26c3aa380ce87716d3afd9be455.jpg

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I did find out that the 4th new HPRB member has been chosen and that we would be happy with this choice. Anyone here get a call from the Governor for anything other than a pardon?

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    So what's the plan? Legislate from the bench?

Maybe, and this is complete speculation on my part, it's not Legislate from the bench, but apply the correct law which invalidates Snowden and Scherr and update it with Woolard, Heller, etc.

The Palpable Need test is where this is heading, me thinks.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Maybe, and this is complete speculation on my part, it's not Legislate from the bench, but apply the correct law which invalidates Snowden and Scherr and update it with Woolard, Heller, etc.

The Palpable Need test is where this is heading, me thinks.

I do not understand how "palpable" helps anything. What the applicant submits as palpable is certainly arguable. Not much different than the apprehended danger beyond other in a community they use now. Please explain how people can use "palpable need test" to get a permit.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I do not understand how "palpable" helps anything. What the applicant submits as palpable is certainly arguable. Not much different than the apprehended danger beyond other in a community they use now. Please explain how people can use "palpable need test" to get a permit.

As explained by attorney's on here, Palpable Need is an easier burden to show than the "apprehended danger beyond other in a community". Under the current form, you have to have documented threats against you. In a palpable need situation, you may not have to show those and just the fact that we live in a state where crime is higher than others SHOULD meet this burden. Again, this is sheer speculation on my part and as people's hearings are done, we will have a better understanding in time.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    As explained by attorney's on here, Palpable Need is an easier burden to show than the "apprehended danger beyond other in a community". Under the current form, you have to have documented threats against you. In a palpable need situation, you may not have to show those and just the fact that we live in a state where crime is higher than others SHOULD meet this burden. Again, this is sheer speculation on my part and as people's hearings are done, we will have a better understanding in time.

Actually, according to the 4th Circuit Opinion in Woolard, Palpable = Good & Substantial

I completely agree, but the MSP still has the 5 categories that are "good" to apply for a permit. There are only 5 ways to receive a permit according to the MSP.

1. Owner/Employee of a busines

2. Correctional Officer

3. Active, Former, and Retired Maryland Law Enforcement Officers​

4. Private Detective/Security Guard/Special Police/Armored Car Guards(isn't this the same as #1)

5. Personal Protection (There must be documented evidence of recent threats, robberies, and/or assaults, supported by official police reports or notarized statements from witnesses.)

I would be interested to see how many people have a permit under G&S #5 that used notarized witness statements. Can I sign a notarized statement citing a danger to anyone here? It would seem so. Can we have a notary present for anyone interested in applying and we can sign each others' letters to use to get permit? I know I've witnessed people act in a menacing way to others. :innocent0

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    OK, I'm just going to wait and see what develops.
    :popcorn:

Also note that this is the first time I haven't used the word "mutate" to describe the ongoing process. I'm holding the word "metastasize" in reserve in case Mikex2 decide to involve themselves somehow.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Palpable;
    Easily perceptible, plain, obvious, readily visible, noticeable, patent, distinct, manifest.

Yep, I don't see any subjectivity there. :sarcasm:

Mr. Doe, the board finds no easily perceptible, plain, obvious, readily visible, noticeable, patent, distinct or manifest need you have to carry a firearm.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I am still of the mind that thinks we shot ourselves in the foot when it comes to CCW with Hogan. If there is still anyone who believes that the WAPO article where three of our people spilled their guts to a reporter didn't have any effect on Hogan's outlook toward us, then those people are certifiably nuts.

If I were Hogan, I would have given a big "WTF is wrong with these people?" After that, I would have taken a "They're on their own" stance.

The first seven is shaping up to prove me right.

No order to the Super

Head of MSI asks for a meeting and no response that we've heard of

Super seems happy with the status quo

And yet here we are.. on a public forum.. attempting to force the Governors hand...and on our time table at that.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Legal definition of Palpable:

Palpable
    Easily perceptible, plain, obvious, readily visible, noticeable, patent, distinct, manifest.

The term palpable usually refers to some type of egregious wrong, such as a governmental error or abuse of power.
    West's Encyclopedia of American Law, edition 2. Copyright 2008 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.

Palpable
    adjective able to be felt, able to be handled, able to be touched, apparent, bold, certain, clear, clear-cut, conspicuous, crystal clear, definite, detectable, discernible, disclosed, discoverable, distinct, easily perceived, easily seen, evidens, evident, exhibited, explicit, glaring, in evidence, indisputable, indubitable, lucid, manifest, manifestus, marked, notable, noticeable, observable, overt, patent, perceivable, perceptible, perspicuous, plain, prominent, pronounced, readily perceived, readily seen, recognizable, revealed, salient, seeable, self-evident, stark, striking, tactile, tangible, touchable, tractabilis, uncontestable, uncovered, uncurtained, undoubtable, unequivocal, unhidden, unmasked, unmistakable, unobscured, unquestionable, unshrouded, unveiled, visible. See also: actual, apparent, appreciable, arrant, bodily, clear, coherent, comprehensible, concrete, corporal, corporeal, definite, distinct, evident, lucid, manifest, material, obvious, overt, pellucid, perceivable, perceptible, physical, ponderable, sensible, substantive, tangible, unmistakable
    Burton's Legal Thesaurus, 4E. Copyright © 2007 by William C. Burton. Used with permission of The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.

We all certainly qualify according to this:
    ....such as a governmental error or abuse of power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom