• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    If it makes the roster, how can it be banned? That would mean MSP approved it as not being a copy.

We had to add a lot of banned firearms to the roster in order to deliver SBRs that were ordered before October 1st. One example is the PS90. I have one that was ordered as a SBR in September, but I couldn't deliver it until it was on the handgun roster.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Atlantic I believe sells those from 3 different makers. The vector brand is a great gun. There is another 1 that doesn't have the roller locking system. I'd stay away from that 1. The other brand has the roller locking bolt. But I haven't seen 1 in person or shot 1 for feedback. I love the hk platform !! There very reliable and controlable! !

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I would go with the pistol and and add a stock, just for the fact that it requires less work than removing the faux suppressor on the rifle version.

Thank you for the advice. That's what I figured.

Damn you.lol.... Can I come shoot it :D

You're always welcomed.

Atlantic I believe sells those from 3 different makers. The vector brand is a great gun. There is another 1 that doesn't have the roller locking system. I'd stay away from that 1. The other brand has the roller locking bolt. But I haven't seen 1 in person or shot 1 for feedback. I love the hk platform !! There very reliable and controlable! !

I've seen the Vector model before. The one I'm looking at is the Atlantic Arms brand which has the roller locking bolt. The fit and finish is supposedly real close to the real thing...at least according to the few reviews out there.

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    We offer a wide selection of Roller Lock MP5 Style rifles and pistols . Our model offerings are growing we will be adding some neat 308 pistols very soon . We will also be offering the Arm brace for them and that dramatically increases the comfort and accuracy . If you have a question on what will be the best model for you please email us with your question, the model and your name & phone number . If simple enough we will email you back if more detailed we will be glad to give you a call. sales@atlanticfirearms.com

The pics below show the Pistol with the Atlantic Arms MP5 Style Arm Brace with Optional side folder hinge.

aa5-psb3.jpg

aa5-psb12.jpg

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    If you have a question on what will be the best model for you please email us with your question, the model and your name & phone number . If simple enough we will email you back if more detailed we will be glad to give you a call. sales@atlanticfirearms.com

Thank you for chiming in on this thread. I do have some questions and will be sending you an email later today. :thumbsup:

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Thank you for the advice. That's what I figured.

You're always welcomed.

I've seen the Vector model before. The one I'm looking at is the Atlantic Arms brand which has the roller locking bolt. The fit and finish is supposedly real close to the real thing...at least according to the few reviews out there.

:party29: I'd bring my V93, so keep this in mind. While the vectors are nice. Mine was put together with the front sight canted. I didn't send it back cause I heard horror stories about how long and they basically broke all parts trying to get it back apart to repair his. I just threw a red dot on it and nail the bull at 100 yards.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    :party29: I'd bring my V93, so keep this in mind. While the vectors are nice. Mine was put together with the front sight canted. I didn't send it back cause I heard horror stories about how long and they basically broke all parts trying to get it back apart to repair his. I just threw a red dot on it and nail the bull at 100 yards.

Have you tried having a local gunsmith fix it? Either way, let's plan on shooting the snot out of them. I just sold one of my ARs locally and will be ordering the one from Atlantic. :D

racerbob66

Nov 19, 2009
    North East, MD

I have a Vector V94 SBR that had a crooked barrel, they canted the sight to make up for it. I sent it back 3 times before they built me a new gun.

They put too many Zeros in the serial number on the new gun so it had to go back a fourth time.

This was back when the "new" Vector took over. It runs well now but it was a huge hassle shipping it back and forth four times.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Have you tried having a local gunsmith fix it? Either way, let's plan on shooting the snot out of them. I just sold one of my ARs locally and will be ordering the one from Atlantic. :D

No haven't even tried, I'm almost afraid to see what it would cost. With the rear sight all the way adjusted , it shoots 5-6 inches off. But with the red dot it's bullseye's all day long.

I have a Vector V94 SBR that had a crooked barrel, they canted the sight to make up for it. I sent it back 3 times before they built me a new gun.

They put too many Zeros in the serial number on the new gun so it had to go back a fourth time.

This was back when the "new" Vector took over. It runs well now but it was a huge hassle shipping it back and forth four times.

Very close story to what I heard aput the other guys V93.

Last edited:

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Another question. How are the triggers on these MP5 clones?

Thats a good question I'd liek to see the answer to also. One would think they aren't using semi-converted surplus HK packs just due to their volume (and would be bad to market a new product based on something that could dry up.) Though I've converted a few real HK packs for my home-builds and its fairly easy. Completely cut off the corner that holds the auto sear pin, drill and ream new hole to put a pin back in to hold the sear spring, bend orig spring or just buy a semi-spring, and weld/pin a stop for the trigger so that it won't pull into the auto position, and grind off the auto catch on the hammer. I think thats all. Would be interesting to see the parts side by side. Worst case, put a real HK parts in it. They are cheap (which is rare for HK bits!)

BTW, the factory HK packs are decent but hardly target triggers. You can reduce the first stage take up and overtravel fairly easily though. I've not bothered playing w/ springs to lighten the pull though.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Thats a good question I'd liek to see the answer to also. One would think they aren't using semi-converted surplus HK packs just due to their volume (and would be bad to market a new product based on something that could dry up.) Though I've converted a few real HK packs for my home-builds and its fairly easy. Completely cut off the corner that holds the auto sear pin, drill and ream new hole to put a pin back in to hold the sear spring, bend orig spring or just buy a semi-spring, and weld/pin a stop for the trigger so that it won't pull into the auto position, and grind off the auto catch on the hammer. I think thats all. Would be interesting to see the parts side by side. Worst case, put a real HK parts in it. They are cheap (which is rare for HK bits!)

BTW, the factory HK packs are decent but hardly target triggers. You can reduce the first stage take up and overtravel fairly easily though. I've not bothered playing w/ springs to lighten the pull though.

Thanks for all the great info. This is a platform that is not familiar to me, so a home trigger job is out of the question for now. I just hope that the trigger is tolerable out of the box. That's a lot of money to drop.

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    This is new item out from PTR 91 the PTR 51P PDW .308. These are similar in size to the original MP5 9 mm sporting a 8 inch threaded barrel with removable flash hider and MP5 style handguard . The pistols are a great Candidate for your NFA Short barreled rifle project or install a Stabilizing brace for shooting comfort and increased accuracy . The pistols have an Optic Rail on the receiver for ease of adding your favorite optic . Another nice exclusive feature is the 51P Arm Brace Ready buttcap , designed to easily take a pistol stabilizing brace if so desired .

ptr51Pbrace.jpg

PTR51pAnimation.gif

jhcrab

Jun 28, 2012
    Howard Co.
    This is new item out from PTR 91 the PTR 51P PDW .308. These are similar in size to the original MP5 9 mm sporting a 8 inch threaded barrel with removable flash hider and MP5 style handguard . The pistols are a great Candidate for your NFA Short barreled rifle project or install a Stabilizing brace for shooting comfort and increased accuracy . The pistols have an Optic Rail on the receiver for ease of adding your favorite optic . Another nice exclusive feature is the 51P Arm Brace Ready buttcap , designed to easily take a pistol stabilizing brace if so desired .

ptr51Pbrace.jpg

PTR51pAnimation.gif

MD legal ? If no, can it be made MD legal? Cost ?

RoboRay

Oct 16, 2013
    Should be MD-legal.

I know what I'm asking Santa to bring me this year!

Last edited:

RoboRay

Oct 16, 2013
    Oh, you're absolutely right... I saw that beautiful thing and immediately lost my ability to think coherently! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom