• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    dat feeling when you see a new post in the "In Stock NOW" thread....

b8a661eb97b6f590a35777b10a1cd23af0491e0fe3d2f8b2aaa574f925cd5dbc.jpg

And when it turns out to be a reply....

sad_keanu.jpg

Sharp

Feb 21, 2015
    Calvert
    If you don't reload, I wouldn't go out and buy a tumbler and media for this. I would just use some 0000 steel wool and call it a day.

Thanks for the advice, all. Will probably still with steel wool if I pull the trigger on this.

Also was slow on the rotating vs vibrating tumbler. I learn so much hanging out in the C&R thread.

Jul 1, 2012
    The S/N is from late 1944 so it's not at the end of production (4th block, there was one more block after this), but it would be really cool if it was actually unissued and not just beautifully refurbished.
    Kind of strange that it wouldn't have been issued though at that point in the war but I guess stranger things have happened.
    The wood looks unnaturally dark to me, maybe a carbine collector here can comment.
    The accessories packages look to be from the early 60's not the 40's :)

That's a lot of dough already and it's far from over!

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    The S/N is from late 1944 so it's not at the end of production (4th block, there was one more block after this), but it would be really cool if it was actually unissued and not just beautifully refurbished.
    Kind of strange that it wouldn't have been issued though at that point in the war but I guess stranger things have happened.
    The wood looks unnaturally dark to me, maybe a carbine collector here can comment.
    The accessories packages look to be from the early 60's not the 40's :)

That's a lot of dough already and it's far from over!

You're right. I saw the date on the accessory pack and didn't even think about it.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    This incredible carbine is in stock now, if any of you have deep pockets. This is probably one of the last carbines made.

http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail.asp?id=2671&n=M1-Carbine-Inland-6444479-with-Accessories

Was watching the "tales of the gun" episode on WWII US firearms and the narrator mentioned that only the flip up dual rear sight was correct for WWII, and that the adjustable rear sight was only post war. Good series, but they don't always get it right.

Jul 1, 2012
    I didn't realize the Type III barrel band was used in WW2, I thought it was only added during the Korean War refurbishment.
    I was wrong :)
    Maybe some of those "post-war refurbs" I've passed over were legit !

you still have to be real careful about the adjustable sight and markings on same, if legit for that mfg block, and whether the receiver was restaked yada yada.
    lot of details in these things.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Not sure if this has been posted already but Centerfire has Antique Chilean M1895 Mausers with no bolts and in U-Fixem condition in case anyone wants an expensive project to deal with. I don't really do South American stuff so its not my thing.

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/MAUCH1895-ANTIQUE.aspx

Also missing sights.

People are on drugs. You can find a very nice, complete M1895 that matches (other than the cleaning rod) for less than $300 all day long.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Midway has K-31 bayonets for $49 plus, at the moment.
    Many of their knives and edge oriented products ship free and today they have a coupon promotion for anything above $25 to ship free. Sportsmens Guide also has a free shipping coupon for $49 and higher. Might be a good time to check ammo pricing on their respective websites.

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    Received my Grade B ammo order. Been delinking and cleaning the 7.62 NATO. All I can say is wow. It is dirty, but all nice reloadable HXP ranging in dates from 74 to 95. I have not found a reject yet.

I also received 30 06 in en blocs. Those rounds look like what I get from CMP. It is so nice, I ordered more.

Here is a picture of my cleaned 7.62 NATO rounds:

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      62.7 KB · Views: 236
    Last edited:

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Received my Grade B ammo order. Been delinking and cleaning the 7.62 NATO. All I can say is wow. It is dirty, but all nice reloadable HXP ranging in dates from 74 to 95. I have not found a reject yet.

I also received 30 06 in en blocs. Those rounds look like what I get from CMP. It is so nice, I ordered more.

Here is a picture of my cleaned 7.62 NATO rounds:

I see nothing, you drank too much!

Glad it turned out well. Mine were dirty but cleaned up great, WELL worth the money, since it's about the same price as new PPU 30-06 brass

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    I see nothing, you drank too much!

Glad it turned out well. Mine were dirty but cleaned up great, WELL worth the money, since it's about the same price as new PPU 30-06 brass

Must have... Is up now.

Here is a picture of some of the en blocs too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      50.1 KB · Views: 241

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads