• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    OP's scenario was vague and arguably nonsensical. There is no such thing as a "battle sidearm". You go to war with a rifle.

Not everyone goes to war with a rifle.

Artillery. Tank crew. Air crew.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Oh Chad, the eternal chasing down of my posts just to say something about 'Subaru owners' is amusing and exactly the same idiotic behavior I was referring to.

Whats idiotic is getting worked up in a thread about cars, thus the jokes about Subarus. I posted in my friends thread (Sling Blade) and happened across your post.

LOL

I guess that means the dinner and drinks is a no go then.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Whats idiotic is getting worked up in a thread about cars, thus the jokes about Subarus. I posted in my friends thread (Sling Blade) and happened across your post.

LOL

Angry sex is the best sex?? :lol2:

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo

LOL

'Worked up'. You seem to be the worked up one, partner. My recollection is entirely different - you were called out on being ignorant and proceeded to berate. Stay classy. ;)

AngryAny sex is the best sex?? :lol2:

FTFY, pal.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Glock 17 if it has to be narrowed down to just 1 gun for SHTF scenario. Or Glock 21 or Glock 19...... Oh d@mn this is hard. Ok I will stick with the G17

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Glock 17 if it has to be narrowed down to just 1 gun for SHTF scenario. Or Glock 21 or Glock 19...... Oh d@mn this is hard. Ok I will stick with the G17

Naw, Glock 19 for general SHTF - whatever that may be - but no rules on the internet! The Glock 19 can take Glock 17 mags that you scavenge - and the sight radius is still reasonable. The Glock 17 won't fit the normal sized Glock 19 mags (I'm guessing - haven't shot either pistol).

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Naw, Glock 19 for general SHTF - whatever that may be - but no rules on the internet! The Glock 19 can take Glock 17 mags that you scavenge - and the sight radius is still reasonable. The Glock 17 won't fit the normal sized Glock 19 mags (I'm guessing - haven't shot either pistol).

I am not thinking ease of concealment in SHTF otherwise yes the G19 is about as close to perfect as you can get if you could only have one gun. In SHTF I doubt I would care about concealment very much.

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    I've deployed with the Beretta M9, SIG M11 and later on a Glock 19. I'd take any of them again. They'll do their job if you do yours in terms of effective employment and judicious shot placement. The handgun is pretty much an in extremis weapon downrange, and hopefully you have a long gun (or crew served) to sort out any problems before having to use your sidearm.

My brother dealt with the customer service in 2014 (broken USP 45) and it was absolutely stellar. One email and it was fixed in 5 days.

I hated the M9. Very finicky...a little sand on it and the slide gets stuck about halfway. It's heavier than most other 9mms...just about the last sidearm I would choose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom