• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm new to all this stuff

Why do people who live in MD get the Utah CCW if it means nothing in the state of MD? What exactly is the license good for?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I guess for if you go to another state where it is valid. Personally, I almost never leave MD :shrug:

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    Oh okay. I see how it would make sense if you travel to other states where it is honored

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    The main reason I got Utah was so I could carry in PA. I received my Utah permit in the mail less than one week after PA dropped Utah.

longgunnewb

Textbook Libertarian
    Feb 23, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I just got verification that my lifetime carry permit from Indiana isn't deactivated or invalid just because I am no longer an Indiana resident. If I get the Utah permit in combination with the Indiana permit I can carry in 32 states including Pennsylvania. This will be very useful on trips back home :D

I have a huge grin on my face because I was cleaning out my wallet and almost threw away the permit thinking it was no longer valid. I'm glad as hell that I did an hour or so of research first lol

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    I got Utah so I can carry in VA, TN, GA, AL, MO, MS, LA, and KY. Pretty much anywhere in the southeast less SC and FL. When I travel, it is almost always to the southeast and permits me to carry in potentially unsavory areas I may be unfamiliar with. 16-30 ounces or so of prevention.

Also, because I can.

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    I understand the whole deal about if you travel to another state that honors it. I wasn't sure if there was any benefit to having it in maryland, that's all

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    I stand on the VA side of the Legion Bridge and flip O'Mofo off while putting the mag in my gun.

Feels great.

That reminds me of way back when in the early 80's when just about every poker run was in made a bee line to the Wilson bridge or the Legion bridge. As soon as crossing into Maryland everyone pulled over and yanked their helmets off.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    That reminds me of way back when in the early 80's when just about every poker run was in made a bee line to the Wilson bridge or the Legion bridge. As soon as crossing into Maryland everyone pulled over and yanked their helmets off.

That is why I always rode in Pennsylvania. I could take off my brain pan and get it down the front of my t shirt without stopping.

Odiferous Maximus

Feb 16, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    When return to Maryland to visit family, I can protect and defend my family and myself from my front door in Texas all the way to the Maryland state line. I'm defenseless only in Maryland.

When Marylanders travel out of state, what can they do?

Get a Utah permit, that's what. It may not be perfect, but it does the job for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom