• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    No different than having an lcp type pistol in one of those holster wallets. I kind of like it for what they made it for, sans the laser n crap.
    People need to understand close distance self defense point shooting before criticizing accuracy of this type pistol.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Looks like they were trying to replicate the pepper blaster.... or one of the guns from Lelo and Stich.

pepperblaster20red_WEB.jpg

My exact thought. :thumbsup:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    No different than having an lcp type pistol in one of those holster wallets. I kind of like it for what they made it for, sans the laser n crap.
    People need to understand close distance self defense point shooting before criticizing accuracy of this type pistol.

It's ugly and the laser is dumb but I'll agree. Looks like it'll solve the problem it was intended for.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Taurus - answering the question nobody asked.

I'm not usually prone to absolutes but pocket carry without a holster is stupid, period....
    My Dad would sometimes carry a 25 auto in his back pocket, and he was not a stupid man by any stretch. Quite the opposite, really.

I find it interesting that the comments regarding this pistol, mostly about the way it looks, parallels what people said about the Glock when it first came out.

G&A did a sort of a review of it.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/first-look/taurus-curve-380-pistol/undefined

Why no iron sights on the slide, you might ask? One theory is that self-defense with a .380 fired from a sub 3-inch barrel resembles more of a point-and-shoot task than a bullseye competition. With a bit of practice, getting hits on torso targets positioned across an average-sized room (15 ft.) was no problem during G&A’s initial testing this summer.
    Blaster, you pretty much hit the nail on the head - no one is looking for dead-on-nuts accuracy with it - it's more of a close-range kind of thing.

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    I was reading it intrigued with this point of view, for someone with left hand dexterity issues with an adjustable slide tension it would allow someone to be able to operate it safely as an alternative to say a revolver.

I know someone like this and helped them choose a hammerless 357 shooting 38special rounds for the added deft and recoil control because they can only use one hand effectively.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's

It's ugly and the laser is dumb but I'll agree. Looks like it'll solve the problem it was intended for.

I'm with you guys. I personally feel a laser isn't needed for CCW and HD in a .380 but that's me.
    Taurus surely was thinking outside the box, but in the end, it's a Taurus which makes me wary of quality.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I'm with you guys. I personally feel a laser isn't needed for CCW and HD in a .380 but that's me.
    Taurus surely was thinking outside the box, but in the end, it's a Taurus which makes me wary of quality.

The LCP didn't need any "real" upgrades and Taurus attempted to do that here. Both of these guns need an upgrade, they need to be turned into a hammer less 38 :)

I could use the flashlight when finding my car keys and the laser pointer during my power point presentations so it can't be all that bad :)

Otherwise throw 5 rounds in someone's belly......run like hell.......shoot one cover round while running.....if it can accomplish those tasks then it'll work.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo

The vitriol in this thread was a little shocking. Y'all own GLOCKs and those are ugly as sin; this Taurus seems ahead of its time and a cool idea.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Waiting for someone to chime in already about this thing being unsafe not having a holster to be carried in. :D

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    The vitriol in this thread was a little shocking. Y'all own GLOCKs and those are ugly as sin; this Taurus seems ahead of its time and a cool idea.
    That's kind of what I thought too. Glocks are about as butt-ugly of a gun as you could want. Maybe cool in a sort of modern, blocky sense, and certainly functional, but when compared aesthetically against a nicely polished, blued Colt SAA with a CCH frame, a Glock is pretty lacking IMO.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I think its a fairly good idea. I personally would not use it as I am fond of my P64 and LC9, but I do see the size, light, and laser to be a good selling point for some.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    It's hideous, it's a .380 and it's a Taurus. It's better than a long sharp stick, unless you're within arm's reach in which case I might give the edge to the stick. ;)

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Waiting for someone to chime in already about this thing being unsafe not having a holster to be carried in. :D

psssst... Post #31

Taurus - answering the question nobody asked.

I'm not usually prone to absolutes but pocket carry without a holster is stupid, period....

Just sayin' :D

Yes it is a fugly duckling... And it is a Taurus...

And I would STILL not want to be shot with it...

Imagine the embarrassment...

But, I notice that it seems to be... designed to be fired with the middle finger, with the index finger on a touch point. That lends a new meaning to "give 'em the finger". The ultimate "F U".

Feb 28, 2013
    That's kind of what I thought too. Glocks are about as butt-ugly of a gun as you could want. Maybe cool in a sort of modern, blocky sense, and certainly functional, but when compared aesthetically against a nicely polished, blued Colt SAA with a CCH frame, a Glock is pretty lacking IMO.

That is about as unfair a comparison as anyone could come up with. You're comparing a Glock to an SAA? They ain't even in the same league.

Glocks ain't meant to be purty. They're meant to be no-frills and utilitarian. And, frankly, I DO think they look kinda cool.:)

...That is, a damn sight more than THIS abomination.:puke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom