• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Government Shutdown Effects NFA Transfers but not Background Checks

At 12:01AM EST on October 1, 2013, the United States government began the “orderly shutdown due to absence of appropriations” according to OMB Memo M-13-24. This shutdown is resulting in massive furloughs for federal employees, including those at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives

• Processing of transfer applications (Form 1, 3, 4, etc.) is stopped for all NFA Gun Trusts, Corporations, and Individuals;
    • Form 4, Form 1 and transfer application status inquiries will not be answered.

http://legaldayton.com/government-sh...transfers/1944

However, the Background Check System, used by Federal Firearms Licensees to determine if prospective buyers are eligible to buy firearms, will remain up and running despite the ”government shutdown,”........
    http://www.examiner.com/article/desp...nment-shutdown

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Shrugs. I put them out of my mind as soon as submitted, and will have a happy surprise sometime in 2014.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Hmm... so they aren't going to process anything... could make for an interesting constitutional challenge. After all if they shut down the NICS you could make pretty much the same argument that the Government was not allowing the sale of firearms...

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    Hmm... so they aren't going to process anything... could make for an interesting constitutional challenge. After all if they shut down the NICS you could make pretty much the same argument that the Government was not allowing the sale of firearms...
    Oh they're still allowing sales, they're just restricting ownership. ;)

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    This is the only thing that has affected me as a result of the shutdown. Well, except for an easier commute to work.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    This is the only thing that has affected me as a result of the shutdown. Well, except for an easier commute to work.

Oh man I forgot about that! But I've been out of town and will be off till Wednesday... hope traffic is still light by then.

Si vis pacem, para bellvm.

BrianS

Apr 26, 2010
    My check was cashed in the beginning of May and went pending in July. No clue why the nearly two month delay between cashing and pending.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    My check was cashed in the beginning of May and went pending in July. No clue why the nearly two month delay between cashing and pending.

That 2 month span from checked cashed to pending is the average right now. After your check is cashed your form sits in a pile of other forms waiting to be entered into their system. Once its entered into their system it goes pending. Right now, that takes about 2 months.

anderson76

Feb 16, 2013
    I tried to log on to the eForm6 site to check on the status of my apps and received the following message:

eForms Outage

Due to the lapse in appropriation of federal funds, the e-Forms system is temporarily suspended until further notice.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience.

ASSISTANCE:
    Please direct questions to the OST Customer Support Help Desk at 1-877-875-3723 or Helpdesk-OSTCS@atf.gov.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    From what I understand that's normal for Form 3 (not a stamp).

Si vis pacem, para bellvm.

Missed that is was on a Form 3, getting stir crazy about getting my Form 4 suppressor that I submitted in March. Really sucks as I was hoping to see a stamp in November.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom