• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    NOT the city! I will never set foot in that open zoo ever again. Some corrupt cops and a majority of folks who think street violence is normal behavior.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    One issue is its just a hearing. Another as I noted is that we expect a loss this round... so why draw more attention.. on the other hand if we win... it will get lots of attention no matter what we do.

And if folks spend their time off this way they may not be able to make it when we really do need to make some noise.

That's how I see it anyway...

Timeing is key..

We may lose. We have a very good case and a Judge who served with and respects Judge Legg. The best case scenario is that we go to trial. :evilgrin3

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Just throwing out a line of thinking before my second cup of coffee...

How would 500 to 1000 protesters outside the court house be perceived? Something like the rally in Annapolis during the hearings for 281. The protestors would have (should have) no effect on the hearings themselves, but I bet the Newsies would report it! What are the chances the case gets any air time otherwise? How does our strength in numbers appear with no turn out what so ever? Can the Anti's point to our Annapolis rallies as just a fluke? If we want to be heard we need to show up at each and every review of this bad law in numbers. We need to be the squeaky wheel if we want anyone to listen.

Now, I am off to the coffee maker.

This is whole different ball game compared to showing up in Annapolis.

First - The US Marshall's DO NOT have a sense of humor anywhere around the federal district court building.

Second - 500 to 1000 are fine so long as they are all well mannered, somewhat well dressed, and do not start any crap with anyone, no matter how they feel.

Third - Anyone that wants to "protest" outside and exercise their First Amendment right need to consider one thing and one thing only. In doing so, YOU are now the face of the firearms community to anyone and everyone who happens to come by, or have business in or around the federal building.

Fourth - What does #3 mean? It means it will only take one idiot to screw over any and all work we have done. And if that person wants to be responsible for the hundred's of thousands of dollars that will be thrown at this lawsuit, then by all means, be an idiot, just tell us where to tell the lawyers to send the bill.

Yes, there will be media coverage, there was huge media coverage for the TRO back in September/October, TV, Print, Social Media, the works.

Yes, the entire media will be looking for any soundbite to use, probably mores against us, than for us. So, if you feel the need to talk to the media, please do not be an idiot and remember, in doing so, YOU are now the face of the firearms community in MD.

Yes, there may be groups protesting in supporting the law and opposing the lawsuit. If there are, remember that they have as much a right to exercise their 1st Amendment right as we do. Do not engage them in a yelling match, do not engage them in debate, and do not take any baiting they may toss out there.

With the above stated, yes, we need to have numbers at every chance we get, and yes, we need to continue to be the squeaky wheel. But again, THIS IS NOT ANNAPOLIS, and anything that happens will be addressed at the Federal Level with regards to citations, rules and laws, not the state level, so all we ask is, if you decide to show up and support this, please plan to do so at a higher level than you would in Annapolis.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    This is whole different ball game compared to showing up in Annapolis.

First - The US Marshall's DO NOT have a sense of humor anywhere around the federal district court building.

Second - 500 to 1000 are fine so long as they are all well mannered, somewhat well dressed, and do not start any crap with anyone, no matter how they feel.

Third - Anyone that wants to "protest" outside and exercise their First Amendment right need to consider one thing and one thing only. In doing so, YOU are now the face of the firearms community to anyone and everyone who happens to come by, or have business in or around the federal building.

Fourth - What does #3 mean? It means it will only take one idiot to screw over any and all work we have done. And if that person wants to be responsible for the hundred's of thousands of dollars that will be thrown at this lawsuit, then by all means, be an idiot, just tell us where to tell the lawyers to send the bill.

Yes, there will be media coverage, there was huge media coverage for the TRO back in September/October, TV, Print, Social Media, the works.

Yes, the entire media will be looking for any soundbite to use, probably mores against us, than for us. So, if you feel the need to talk to the media, please do not be an idiot and remember, in doing so, YOU are now the face of the firearms community in MD.

Yes, there may be groups protesting in supporting the law and opposing the lawsuit. If there are, remember that they have as much a right to exercise their 1st Amendment right as we do. Do not engage them in a yelling match, do not engage them in debate, and do not take any baiting they may toss out there.

With the above stated, yes, we need to have numbers at every chance we get, and yes, we need to continue to be the squeaky wheel. But again, THIS IS NOT ANNAPOLIS, and anything that happens will be addressed at the Federal Level with regards to citations, rules and laws, not the state level, so all we ask is, if you decide to show up and support this, please plan to do so at a higher level than you would in Annapolis.

Nobody ever wants to be an idiot, plans to be an idiot, or even knows they are an idiot until the majority tells them afterward.

One of my mantras, "If you have to think twice about something, don't do it or say it."

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Nobody ever wants to be an idiot, plans to be an idiot, or even knows they are an idiot until the majority tells them afterward.

One of my mantras, "If you have to think twice about something, don't do it or say it."

THIS

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Are we really? I don't view it that way at all.

Well, In general terms we should win every round, so 'expect' is to strong a word.

I always expect to win, but if we don't better to lose at this round than to win here and lose later. - don't read to much into my comment -- maybe ' fear we might' lose is better.

If I could spare the time I would go just for the chance t be there, but I burend to much time off already.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Don't be shocked if the Bloomturds show up. No doubt they'd like to see us act like fools.

RepublicanJD

Jul 16, 2014
    AA County
    Anyone know if cell phones are allowed?

Cell phones are allowed. I bring mine in every time I go. Almost all of the court rooms are small.

Someone else asked who is on the right or the left...the answer is that it depends on the room. Depends where the witness/jury boxes are for which side the plaintiff/defendants sit on. It's different in every room.

I'm interested to see how this goes. Good luck to the attorneys representing the good guys.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    When will anyone learn that packing a room full of people has no effect on decision making. Last year should have made that point extremely clear.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Woman, from MA, Radcliffe and Harvard, appointed by Clinton. Unless her last name was Obama, I couldn't think of a person with more left-wing influences.

She worked with and respects Judge Legg, so be careful how you spin that crystal ball.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    To anyone that might be outside the building being the "face" of gun owners as was said by dblas. PLEASE DON'T BLOW THE COUPLE HUNDRED DOLLAR'S Of MONEY I, and MANY OTHERS HAVE DONATED. I could have bought another firearm or more ammo with that money but didn't because this is more important!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom